Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

need to vent

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 18 Replies
Before I start please excuse my typos,double letters and random periods I'm on from my phone and it likes to make me look stupid.

I am beyond overwhelmed right now and I get no help. I am the only one taking care of a house of 7. Me,dh,4kids.and my dad. Can someone please explain to me why the other 2 adults in the house don't feel like they should help?! It's nor that I mind.doing it but add the rest.of the shit I have going on and its too much. I don't sleep much because I have a 10 month old who has.to be fed every 3hrs 24/7 plus he's.got medical issues that drs can't figure out which means we have at the very least 2dr appts a week. I hurt constantly because I have a messes up knee and a bulging disc/pinched nerve in my back. My 5yr old is a handful. She's.got more attitude than a teenager ans when she doesn't het what she wants she pees on herself. My oldest has an attitude that is like day and night. One moment he's sweet and loving and the next he's pissed and screaming at his brother. Im running on like 4hrs of.sleep.since Friday ams I'm ready to crash and burn. But I have an in home appt this am for my youngest to set up therapy so I can't sit down and relax. I spent all.day yesterday cleaning sonic wouldn't have to do it this am and I wake up to my living room a mess because my dh left crap.in the floor before he went to bed last night and my DD got up before anyone else this am and drug toys out and left them there and the cat tore up.some paper and the bird decided to sling seed all.over the place. Im so tired and I never get a moments peace. I think if I were sleeping or not hurting I could handle things a lot better.
OK. I feel better. Im.sure that sounds like the ramblings.of a crazy.woman since its all jumbled but I had to get it out. Thanks for reading :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

you seem to have quite a bit on your plate. Maybe go on "strike" for a few days? 

IDK though I have done that and it didn't work but I did start going on a rampage once and it got everyone moving in my house.  I had just had enough, you can only take so much right? 

I'm sorry I hope everything gets better for you.

mom24crazykids
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I've gone on strike before. The only thing it resulted in was a bigger mess for me.to.deal.with later. Thanks :)
CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hun, Im sorry yr going through this, there is one thing i hate the most is disrespect and it sounds like this  is  a huge issue in your family  and it doesn't help w/yr low on sleep and all....i guess i would suggest making  chore chart and see how that goes?  gonna have to start making ppl be more accountable and for your dd i would start with consequences because having  girls myself if you don't knick the diva attitude now it will only become worse!  HUGS

mom24crazykids
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
That is a great idea! I think.I'll do that after the therapist leaves today. I do set consequences for DD but nothing seems to work! I've tried everything I can think of to the point now when she does it I take 30 mins off of bed.time. yesterday she went to bed at 530! Bed time is 8. She's all.attitude and I just don't know what to.do anymore.
cndmom
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

part of your problem with your dd is she sees the way the other adults treat you.

vbleazard03
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I am new here just read the first post complaining about caring for a house of 7....my response....STOP IT!  if you dont do it who will?  It may be hard at first, but you have to hold back....you will be happier in the long run......the only people you are responsible for are you and your kids under the age of 18 (sometimes even 14 to 15 year olds can do things themselves).  As for adults who do not help...they are lazy!!!  If you keep doing for everyone they take advantage!!!!  Or worst yet when asked to do something the do it wrong on purpose so you won't ask them again.....take a vacation and see how they fend for themselves

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Sorry you're dealing with so much crapola. I'm in the same position, minus one person though...wanna run away together?? ; )
mom24crazykids
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Lets go! Somewhere tropical where we can get drinks out of coconuts with little umbrellas

Quoting bigmama423:

Sorry you're dealing with so much crapola. I'm in the same position, minus one person though...wanna run away together?? ; )
bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Excellent choice, great minds think alike!!! I think we'll get along just fine!:)

Quoting mom24crazykids:

Lets go! Somewhere tropical where we can get drinks out of coconuts with little umbrellas

Quoting bigmama423:

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Venting is always good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)