Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Super Nanny

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you watch or have you watched?  I am watching a Super Nanny Marathon, LOL.  How much do you think is editing and how much do you think is accurate? 

Do you like her methods, some of her methods, none of her methods or adapting your methods?

Do you think you would make a good Super Nanny that helped families?

I like some of her methods and have adapted some, did that a long time ago when the show was first on TV. I think there is definitely some editing.

I think I could be a good Super Nanny but on some of these parents....I think I'd have called CPS for sheer neglect and child endangerment. For example the family that let their kids run around with machetes, one being 21 months old.......eeeeeeeeek.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Not a fan. Especially a marathon! GOD!
I'm tired of the " naughty" step/stool/ chair/ whatever . I suppose some things work, but all families are totally different.

The only one that I really liked was when the husband could not control his yelling and she made him sit in a circle in the grass and started yelling ( kind of funny as she isn't trained to yell) but anyway, she got closer and closer above him until she was nose to nose to him. You could tell he wanted to punch her. However, she got the point across of how his kids felt when he screamed at his kids in the same manner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I like that analogy. I love to watch Super Nanny.....LOL. Makes me realize I have great kids.  I have one kid home sick today and I am not feeling the best either, hence the marathon. I don't do soap operas or talk shows and I am discovering there is not much on during the day, so Super Nanny was the best choice to me. LOL.  I used time out well with our kids but I used it well before Super Nanny. I like some of her techniques better than others.  

I liked the one when she showed the parent what it is like to try and concentrate while having ADHD.  She gave the parent a task and then made noise, poked him, etc etc, the parent got the point of how badering the child about homework was not helping the kid. I like some of the posters and what not she uses and would love to have those..LOL.l  

MommyOK
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I do wish she came to my house LOL...whatever her methods are...I'd take them all :D

momtomiles
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I really like her:)
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I like her. I just adapt some of her techniques to what would work for our family.  She is fun to watch and I love the way she talks.  LOL

othermom
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I watch it sometimes

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Some of these parents........are people really this clueless??  I mean some of these parents it just doesn't seem possible people could be that clueless.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
ahh, she's okay. I haven't watched many episodes.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:23 AM

I used to like it, it made me feel better about my parenting skills!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:32 AM
The nanny shows tend to drive me nuts. The families tend to be over the top ridiculous and I think many people with common sense could help them do better, as they lack so much in regards to basic parenting. I also feel like it is very obvious the advice is coming from someone who is not a parent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)