Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Is round ligament pain possible when ou're not pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

I coughed earlier and it felt like something in my lower abdomen ripped...it felt just like round ligament pain. I thought I was pregnant last week but I took 2 tests that were negative and had my period, given it was different than usual. Is round ligament pain possible if you aren't pregnant?

Parker's Mommy
                          October 21, 2009

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I had it happen this last time I was sick. With all my sneezing and coughing and I was on my period too. I had it happen quite a bit. I think it was because I was on my period. I have never had it happen before but when I was pregnant.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Not sure, it's only bugged me when I'm pregnant...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KADE1985
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I finished my period the other day...I just coughed one time and it hurt...now, every time I move a certain way it hurts...I'm laying in bed and every time I go to roll over it kills me...it's the weirdest thing!

Quoting Raeann11:

I had it happen this last time I was sick. With all my sneezing and coughing and I was on my period too. I had it happen quite a bit. I think it was because I was on my period. I have never had it happen before but when I was pregnant.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM
It's possible! If it keeps bothering you, you should get checked out.
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Sounds like your sciatic nerve. I feel it like that sometimes when my back is out of wack.. Its like it travels to the front.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KADE1985
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I just sneezed and it did it again. It hurt all day yesterday and I had that ripping sensation again when I sneezed a minute ago...I think I'm gonna go to the walk-in clinic today or tomorrow...

livysmom04
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I would go get it checked out by a doctor. I have had that happen and found out that it was nothing to worry about but if your hurting and in pain and it's bothering you then I would have it checked out just to make sure.

KADE1985
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Went to the ER yesterday morning...He didn't even check me out, just automatically assumed it was a ripped fiber muscle...If it does it again I'm going to a walk in clinic.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Not sure, but since I had my hysterectomy I get pains in things that arent there anymore......LOL.  From time to time. So anything is possible. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Why not!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)