Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

any one? i could use something. anything would help *UPDATE*

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

so this would be my third time being pregnant. first one my 6 yr old and second was a molar pregnancy. which was horriable.  this time i'm freaking huge and not very far along. so my question is what's the likely hood of another molar pregnancy?

i suppose i'm just really worried about what it's going to do to me and my SO he's never been through one before and he's getting super excited about the whole fact of this being a full pregnancy with no worries of a molar pregnancy doctor said hormone levels are where she suspects them to be with how far along i am. but i have heard that and then wham molar pregnancy!

***edit***

just called my dr office and i will be getting more blood drawn and getting rechecked for everything. today not tomorrow like i suspected. yay! super excited to know. results will be in today or tomorrow morning.  also getting a ultra sounds scheduled make sure everything is happening correctly. will let you ladies know more later.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
treystiredmommy
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:21 AM

most women get bigger earlier in later pregnancies.  i have no idea what molar pregnancy is but i would do what i can and try not to worry too much.  if its not a genetic thing i doubt it would be likely to reoccur

Matthea
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:54 AM
According to Wikipedia:

"Patients are advised not to conceive for one year after a molar pregnancy. The chances of having another molar pregnancy are approximately 1%."

Sooo...  pretty low chance?

It seems that hormonal indicators are a fairly reliable way of checking for this condition; I guess the question is, do you trust your doctor's competence?

*hugs* It's perfectly normal to worry about possible problems, but try not to let things get out of hand - just let your SO know that you need some extra reassurance and see what your options are.  If you can afford a second test from a different doctor/place, then maybe that would be worth it, to put your mind at rest.  Stress isn't good for the baby OR mama!

forsakenjewl24
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM

there's a full molar pregnancy and a partial...i've had the partial. where it was a baby and then turned in to the form of cells. so i'm super worried. i will be ordered to take another hormone test the ER advised it after i went for really bad cramps. it's not my first rodeo with this. but still bad cramps while pregnant for me that enough to see a doctor. we are kind of getting excited but at the same time we would like to make sure myu hormones have double with the next test. just super worried it will happen again.

Quoting Matthea:

According to Wikipedia:

"Patients are advised not to conceive for one year after a molar pregnancy. The chances of having another molar pregnancy are approximately 1%."

Sooo...  pretty low chance?

It seems that hormonal indicators are a fairly reliable way of checking for this condition; I guess the question is, do you trust your doctor's competence?

*hugs* It's perfectly normal to worry about possible problems, but try not to let things get out of hand - just let your SO know that you need some extra reassurance and see what your options are.  If you can afford a second test from a different doctor/place, then maybe that would be worth it, to put your mind at rest.  Stress isn't good for the baby OR mama!

forsakenjewl24
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/molarpregnancy.html

this is the best explanation which most people will understand

Quoting treystiredmommy:

most women get bigger earlier in later pregnancies.  i have no idea what molar pregnancy is but i would do what i can and try not to worry too much.  if its not a genetic thing i doubt it would be likely to reoccur

starlight91
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

hugs

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
My friend went through a molar pregnancy, but I really do not know much about them or how likely they are to reoccur.
I do know that most women show more after each pregnancy...
Good luck at your appointment!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs*

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:07 PM

yeah i'm a fat ass right now. so i'm really hoping that it's a real pregnancy. my SO is getting so excited. and i just did the blood work again today so i'm calling to see if they will tell me anything here shortly if not i shall see tomorrow early in the morning.

Quoting bigmama423:

My friend went through a molar pregnancy, but I really do not know much about them or how likely they are to reoccur.
I do know that most women show more after each pregnancy...
Good luck at your appointment!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN