Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie :)

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey Everyone!  I'm a newbie to the group but wanted a place to be able to share in confidence whats going on in my life!  I've been with my SO for over 7 years.  We were married a year and a half ago and both have always wanted a family.  He's not ready quite yet but I'm super excited because he is definately getting closer!  Sounds silly but I wanted to be off BC for at least a year before we start actively TTC.  In Dec. 2012 I finished off the last of my BC and we talked about it and he was supportive of me no longer being on it with the understanding that he'd either have to use a condom or we would be "risking" getting pregnant.  So it's been a few months and at first he wasn't happy about the condoms but now he is getting more and more comfortable with the fact that I'm not on BC.  Who knows when we will decide its time to actively try or if we will get pregnant in the mean time (when its meant to be I know that God will make it happen) but either way I'm very excited about the possibilities!  Anyone else had a similar experience?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madcat500
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM

welcome

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Welcome to the group.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Welcome to the group!!

Congrats on baby making practice!! ; ) And no BC, I hate BC but I'm currently on the pill anyways..
I've never planned any of my pregnancies, they happened on their own. My 4th is a BC baby, I had her while on the pill...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Welcome to The Lounge! Sending you lots of baby dust :)
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM
My second and fourth daughters were birth control babies. Two different birth controls too. Same time everyday instructions didn't help me...and apparently you either, lol.

Quoting bigmama423:

Welcome to the group!!

Congrats on baby making practice!! ; ) And no BC, I hate BC but I'm currently on the pill anyways..

I've never planned any of my pregnancies, they happened on their own. My 4th is a BC baby, I had her while on the pill...
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Exciting!

Are you using any sort of Natural Family Planning so that he doesn't always have to wear the condom?  

HandMmom12
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Welcome!!!! :)
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Well all of my babies were SURPRISE babies,lol.

Here's some baby dust for you :-)baby dust

missjne
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Gosh its so nice to have all of your support!  A part of me was just waiting to get yelled at about being "irresponsible" or something.  So thank you!  As far as the Natural Family Planning I don't think that we are quite ready for that yet (mostly he is not).  Also I've only been off the pill for about 2 1/2 months and everything I ready about it says to really track it for a long time (like 8+ months).  Have you tried the NFP?  We have a mutual hate for condoms but both know we would be taking a risk by not using one at all.  

Quoting amonkeymom:

Exciting!

Are you using any sort of Natural Family Planning so that he doesn't always have to wear the condom?  

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I did use it in order to try to get pregnant, but the book I read *Taking Charge of Your Fertility* explained a lot about how to keep track to prevent pregnancy as well. 

Quoting missjne:

Gosh its so nice to have all of your support!  A part of me was just waiting to get yelled at about being "irresponsible" or something.  So thank you!  As far as the Natural Family Planning I don't think that we are quite ready for that yet (mostly he is not).  Also I've only been off the pill for about 2 1/2 months and everything I ready about it says to really track it for a long time (like 8+ months).  Have you tried the NFP?  We have a mutual hate for condoms but both know we would be taking a risk by not using one at all.  

Quoting amonkeymom:

Exciting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)