Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Paying a babysitter in Food Stamps?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

I don't see a problem with it as long as her dd benifits from the food bought.

No. Foodstamps are for her family only. Not to pay a babysitter with.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 82

View Results

I watch my niece every other weekend or so and I get paid 20$. Well recently my SIL said money has been tight and she wants to know if she can buy me 20$ in food instead with her FS. I usually spend the money on snacks for her dd and the kids anyway.

I'm kinda up in the air about it. On one hand I want to; It will help her out and I will be feeding her dd with it but on the other hand I don't want to commit fraud either...

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Well technically it's possible. But a better question would be, how to make the charges stick? What could be proven?

Quoting Derpy:

You were saying "How were you going to get caught",I was just telling you about one way.
Never underestimate on what people would/could do. 

Quoting paganbaby:

I seriously doubt the CM team will track me down using my IP address and turn me into the authorities because I asked for opinions about my sil buying food for when her dd spends the night.

Quoting Derpy:

You know CM team do see every post made,all that has to be done is someone reports the boards,it will track your email which tracks the IP address straight to your computer.

Still think you cant get caught?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Derpy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

This whole conversation could be the proof.

I`m not getting into this,If your sister wants to play the system then thats her choice.Just dont be shocked if she looses the goverments help.All i`m saying is people are crazy,They would report anything these days just out of a mood swing their having.

Quoting paganbaby:

Well technically it's possible. But a better question would be, how to make the charges stick? What could be proven?

Quoting Derpy:

You were saying "How were you going to get caught",I was just telling you about one way.

Quoting paganbaby:

I seriously doubt the CM team will track me down using my IP address and turn me into the authorities because I asked for opinions about my sil buying food for when her dd spends the night.

Quoting Derpy:

You know CM team do see every post made,all that has to be done is someone reports the boards,it will track your email which tracks the IP address straight to your computer.

"Life,which you so nobly serve,comes from destructiopn,disorder and choas" -Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM

It's a conversation on the Internet. I could be a man with no siblings for all you know ;-)

Quoting Derpy:

I`m not getting into this,If your sister wants to play the system then thats her choice.Just dont be shocked if she looses the goverments help.All i`m saying is people are crazy,They would report anything these days just out of a mood swing their having.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Derpy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Derpy:

Derpy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

True,Gotta go :)

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a conversation on the Internet. I could be a man with no siblings for all you know ;-)

Quoting Derpy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Derpy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Derpy:

"Life,which you so nobly serve,comes from destructiopn,disorder and choas" -Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

SWasson
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Ask her to buy $20 in snacks for her kids and bring them over. There's nothing fraudulent about that.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

That was the plan. Except that my kids were going to share the snacks too.

Quoting SWasson:

Ask her to buy $20 in snacks for her kids and bring them over. There's nothing fraudulent about that.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM
In general, its wrong. Sil should pack food for dd but to buy extra, to give to you in lieu of or to supplement your pay is wrong. If she is working she needs to budget your babysitting costs into her life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Can you afford to do it for free i mean 20$ is much to begin with
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
So her bringing food to share with the kids is while I babysit is wrong. Okay, I understand where you're coming from. As for working? She doesn't have a job. I just watch her dd to give her a break and so the kids can see each other.
Quoting calsmom62:

In general, its wrong. Sil should pack food for dd but to buy extra, to give to you in lieu of or to supplement your pay is wrong. If she is working she needs to budget your babysitting costs into her life.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I could but it's the principal of it.
Quoting nicole2884:

Can you afford to do it for free i mean 20$ is much to begin with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)