Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

A Moment You'll Never Get Back

Posted by   + Show Post
I read a post this morning where the OP casually mentioned she had been drinking and driving recently and it has inspired me to write this post. October 31, 2008 started as a typical day for my family. Those of us with children were bustling them off to school and thinking about all the things we had to get done in order to take them trick or treating. My cousin whose name I won't reveal, had big plans. He had gained custody of his two year daughter the week before and intended to let her t & t with another cousin that was the same age. That meant a surprise visit to my grandmother. At 6:30 that morning he was on his way to work. He waited on traffic so he could make a left turn. While he sat there someone still drunk from the night before plowed into him, pushing him head on into oncoming traffic. The impact broke his neck and trapped him in the truck. While firefighters tried to cut him out, he was stuck there, suffering before he finally passed away. He was 28 years and two days old. He left an entire host of family behind that still misses him. His daughter, that's now six years old, has to share other people's memories of her daddy because she was too little to remember her own. His mother still wears his wristwatch. All of us were forever changed by his senseless and untimely death. Next time you want to have a drink and let your hair down, make sure you have a designated driver to see you home safely. When you drink and drive it isn't only your life you're taking chances with. It's everybody else that's on the road with you. It could be somebody's son or daughter, husband or wife, and yes even somebody's cousin.
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Replies (21-21):
heyiitsang84
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM

im so sorry for your loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN