Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

whats on your walls

Posted by   + Show Post
My dh loves bric a brac, family photos on the walls, kids diplomas, citations, all framed and displayed. Souvenirs of where we have been. Curio shelves filled with various trinkets from trips around the world and around the block. . In my perfect world there would be uncluttered walls, with a minimum of stuff on them. I'm losing this battle. I pack up a small box of things occasionally and stick it in th e the attic, he either brings them out or he gets something new to display. He Is more sentimental than I am, because to me memories are in my head not attached to things ... I spent an hour just dusting little things this wknd. What do you prefer? Lots of display items or a more Spartan look?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
artistmom889
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

mostly art .Some by me, some by my brother-in-law  who draws very well,  and some given to us by family members. All of it has some sentimental attraction or other. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I used to have tons of things on the wall but since I moved I haven't put much on the wall.  I don't have as many walls now though

MJP76
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

On our main level we have mostly art displayed on the walls, with some photos of the kids... But mostly canvas or 3D art.

Raeann11
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Family, kids pictures, kids art, some of hubby's when he was younger and a few other decorations.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Good luck with the sale!!!

Quoting sjump25:

I like pictures on the walls.  Not too cluttered.  Right now our walls are basically bare with the exception of a couple of pictures because we are trying to sell the house. 

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Thats nice of you to help your mom!

Quoting momamanda:

I do not like a ton of stuff. I do have one cabinet in my living room with pictures and figurines inside of it but they hardly ever have to be dusted because they are in the cabinet and does not get touched by dust. Then on my walls I have a picture of each child and 2-3 other pictures around. I would prefer more on the walls but my dh does not like it. He is a little OCD and can't handle it when there is to much! My mom has figurines, pictures, and do-dads ALL OVER HER HOUSE lol. Litterally every every wall through her kitchen, living, dining ,hall and all 3 bedrooms even the bathroom has pictures. Mostly of family and her 10 grandchildren . Then she has 3 shelves and a fireplace mantle full of pictures and 3 different shelves in her bedroom full of pictures and things too! lol I know all this because I clean her house for her every 2 weeks. (She works full time and is battling a Life altering disease right now so my sister and I try to help where we can) Dusting all that is NOT fun so I know I would not want it. I don't blame it for bothering you. I am very sentimental like youd dh and always want to keep everything. but i store it in memory bins.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Just paint... : )
sjump25
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Thanks!  

Quoting calsmom62:

Good luck with the sale!!!

Quoting sjump25:

I like pictures on the walls.  Not too cluttered.  Right now our walls are basically bare with the exception of a couple of pictures because we are trying to sell the house. 

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess kind of middle ground - not a lot, but not spartan.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
We have 4 pics and a clock in the living room. Nothing in the kitchen on the walls. A picture that Leigh's great grandma painted hanging at our stairs. Spiderman wall clings and posters in Kaden's room. A few posters and some of her artwork in Kayla's room. Nothing in our upstairs bathroom but a shelf. A large whiteboard in our room. Nothing in Madi's or Angel and Kiara's rooms but some colored lacy stuff that my MiL put up. A few things in our playroom. Fish wall clings in the girls' bathroom downstairs.

That's it, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)