Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My kids have lost their ever loving minds..........

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today.  Is this an example of how Spring Break will be?  They have off today for a teacher work day and I swear someone switched my kids for aliens. They are being cantankerous, arguemenative and the like.  

Lord above help me.........LOL

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
starlight91
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Ever see that commerical where the mom gets out the 3 balls and makes a game with paper bags??  Hmmmm thats what moms are supposed to do.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Well, that is an idea, but since I have asked them to clean their rooms and they are not doing so, that would be rewarding negative behavior.  LOL.

I am all for games and all.  However, they do know better than how they are acting today.  We will have the fun and games when they finish their rooms.  

They are 6,9, and 12, old enough to do it. There isn't that much to do.

But I have seen that commercial, LOL.  It makes me giggle cause it doesn't always work that well. LOL I have done similar and have it work and have had it not work. Just depends on their moods.

My kids are usually good, they are just having a "day"......mama did say there would be days like this. LOL

Quoting starlight91:

Ever see that commerical where the mom gets out the 3 balls and makes a game with paper bags??  Hmmmm thats what moms are supposed to do.

starlight91
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

lol well hopeful their rooms will be done soon, so you all can have some fun and make the day better.

Quoting Thelmama:

Well, that is an idea, but since I have asked them to clean their rooms and they are not doing so, that would be rewarding negative behavior.  LOL.

I am all for games and all.  However, they do know better than how they are acting today.  We will have the fun and games when they finish their rooms.  

They are 6,9, and 12, old enough to do it. There isn't that much to do.

But I have seen that commercial, LOL.  It makes me giggle cause it doesn't always work that well. LOL I have done similar and have it work and have had it not work. Just depends on their moods.

My kids are usually good, they are just having a "day"......mama did say there would be days like this. LOL

Quoting starlight91:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM

They have chilled out some.....thank goodness. I am in the midst of thinking up all kinds of activities for next week when we are on Spring break to avoid said alien like behavior. LOL

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I don't know what it was tonight, but when the girls were here earlier our two self described BSEs (Best Sisters Ever) decided to pick a fight with each other at dinner that resulted in Angel our 11 year old kicking Kayla our 13 year old in the wrist and Kayla standing up and pushing Angel into our fridge. We were shocked and they both started crying and apologizing to each other simultaneously, which was good.

(It's not just your kids, lol)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I am blaming it on spring fever...LOL. Thanks, so glad it isn't just my kids acting a bit out of the norm.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I don't know what it was tonight, but when the girls were here earlier our two self described BSEs (Best Sisters Ever) decided to pick a fight with each other at dinner that resulted in Angel our 11 year old kicking Kayla our 13 year old in the wrist and Kayla standing up and pushing Angel into our fridge. We were shocked and they both started crying and apologizing to each other simultaneously, which was good.

(It's not just your kids, lol)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I am going to have a schedule each day of Spring break with activities and chores and what not.  Chores must be done to have fun. I figure if I list what the plans are it will make it easeir for them to comply to getting the few chores done first.  I am thinking up my game plan now. Part of it includes helping my other two learn to ride without training wheels. I have to take them to a park to do that, our neighborhood is way too hilly for that. My son can ride a two wheeler but needs practice due to the same reason.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I am sure I can teach them to ride like pros.  :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am going to use this technique to teach them.......you take off the pedals first and add them back after they learn to balance.......watch and see what I mean.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are nuts all the time...well I take that back, they're excellent when sleeping!! ; )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)