Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Gave her a glimpse........LOL LOL LOL

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so my mother in law called yesterday and said "I haven't talked to y'all in days. Are y'all okay. 

Well I spoke to her on Saturday and attempted to call on Sunday but did not leave a message. I told her, sorry, it is just been nuts around her.  She knew my son had the tummy bug and I told her he is better and the girls are fine but that Mondays are nuts around here. Homework ,chores etc etc. She said okay, just like to hear from you or I worry. Mind you, it had been only a couple of days, 3 at the most.

So I called her this morning in the midst of our day off from school due to teacher work day. I talked a few minutes, then noticed someone left the milk out. So I said "hang on a minute", pulled the phone from my ear and called their full names to get up here and put this milk away.  Then went back to talking to her. Then two of them were arguing, so I said "hold on a minute", pulled the phone away and corrected them..........and so on. She laughed, but you know..........she was so ready to go and said "Okay I hear you are busy, so I will let you go". LOL LOL........now maybe just maybe she gets why I do NOT always call her EVERY day. LOL LOL LOL

Worked like a charm.  

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-12):
bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
: )
Luckily for me, my so called MIL never calls me, when she does, I do not answer, she's only looking for her son anyways...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Thanks y'all.  I have been tempted to put little hearts on our calendar when dh and I actually get some "us"time because she asked me recently was I "taking care of her son"......after I picked my jaw up off the floor I said..he's just fine. However, I think putting hearts with winky faces on the kitchen calendar might do the trick.....giggle.  Only thing is I don't want people asking what they mean...LOL LOL LOL. I  could really shock her and put one on EVERY day......LMBO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN