Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

PayPal Scam (sellers and buyers beware)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

Well not really paypals fault.  My paypal never has more than $30 or so in it.  And I went on to my email account and I had received an email from paypal and it said that there were some strange transaction on my account that is out of the norm and I needed to go on paypal to confirm or deny the transaction. 

Apparently on 3-18 $79 was attempted to be withdrawn out of an old credit card (prepaid) that I had on there but that transaction was denied.  The same day $1169 was withdrawn out of my paypal directly.  Well to cover that transaction paypal withdrew it from my bank account, so I was -$881 negative from my bank. 

Those transaction were processing so I called paypal and also set up a dispute for the charges.  I talked to customer service from paypal and they said that they have stopped all payments from being taken out and are investigating it.  I had to call my bank to stop the $1169 transaction from being deposited into my paypal.

It also showed what was bought with that $1169, it was an Apple Macbook Pro and it had the address from Tampa Fl.  I checked on the addy and apparently there are tons of scams from that address since 2011 at least and one that I found was as early as Feb 4th.  People have been reporting this addy and nothing is done.  It even shows the name of the person but on all the scam reports it shows diff names for a lot of them

Just wanted to vent and for everyone to keep an eye out if you are selling or buying

The name and addy is

Baguss Anangg

8002 cornwall ln
c/o B Rogaas88
tampa, FL 33615-4604
United States

So beware

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM
That is horrible!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Crazy! I'll be on the lookout. Thanks for sharing. :)
Ricanme
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the heads up.

Awma
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I received a email from pay pal that there was an issue with my account.  Well, I haven't had/used my pay pal account in at least 10 years.  I forward the email to pay pal.  Never got any response from pay pal but I know nothing ever came from the original email, IE, cash taken from my account because the checking account connected to the pay pal account has been closed for several years.

I had someone try to charge a little over $900 several years ago.  Thankfully nothing was taken from my checking account as I very rarely have that much money in my checking account.  But everyone I contacted(Pay Pal, local police, who said to contact the police where that person lived who in turn said contact the FBI)did nothing because I was told the amount had to be at least $10,000. I stopped using pay pal at that time.

sjump25
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Wow that is crazy!  That sucks.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I just feel so violated, I can't believe this has happened to me.

Caitlin10081989
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

That is crazy. 

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Wow, that's nuts! Crazy it's an on going thing and no one can fix it..glad you caught it in time!
Thanks for the heads up too!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN