Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Remembering Sandy Hook...

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Today I cried. Not just a little... but in fact, pretty hard. In the midst of a routine workout at the gym, I thought about those poor little children. In particular, I thought back to a news article I read regarding Noah and his mother and her decision to see his body after the fact (and not just a photo) but also to have an open casket. By the time I got home from the gym, I was not just teary eyed, but sat in the driveway, in my vehicle and had a hard cry. This happens to me often... I think about the children, the siblings, mostly the parents. When the tragedy happened in December, I was about 37 weeks pregnant and the emotions were uncontrollable. The grief I felt was almost unbearable and I am sure it is only a small fraction of the grief that was felt by the parents. I know that we all have the families in our thoughts and our prayers, even months later (although it still feels like yesterday). Do any of you randomly have these thoughts and rememberances about them? These emotion surges? Sometimes I am teary eyed, sometimes I am almost in a sob. Perhaps it is because I (as a parent) imagine what that pain must be like? I wish I could one day tell just one of those families that they will wake up and their precious little one will be there again, and this will never have happened. Even as I write this, I find it hard to keep back the tears....

I just needed an outlet to share this.... thank you for listening.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LawMom8308
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I purposefully don't think about it because I'll end up making myself sick. I tried not to cry when it happened because I would end up hysterical. All I could think about was not ever letting my son out of my sight EVER. I used to have moments like you but............... I think it would tear me apart and I would be a miserable person. I TRY so hard not to fuss too much or complain too much when my son is acting a fool. I KNOW those families would give anything to have their kids driving them bonkers right about now.

I catch myself panicking during the day because how are we to know that nothing crazy like that is going to happen again? Everyone thinks, "Oh, that would never happen to me." I'm the opposite............. I don't think like that. I feel like I'm always on the look out :-(

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
It was very messed up, that's for sure. I did cry when I first saw it on the news, but I do not continue to cry about it. I'm leery of schools still, but I feel my children are in safe schools..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

It is a sad situation and I get sad when I think about it, so I try not to

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Everytime I think of it, it breaks my heart.... I cried for days and days.
thatgirl70
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I try not to think about it too much. I got an email the other day from United Way thanking me for the donation I had made for their Sandy Hook fund. I admit, up until that point, I hadn't thought about it in so long. I think it's more of a coping mechanism for me.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

This...

Quoting LawMom8308:

I purposefully don't think about it because I'll end up making myself sick. I tried not to cry when it happened because I would end up hysterical. All I could think about was not ever letting my son out of my sight EVER. I used to have moments like you but............... I think it would tear me apart and I would be a miserable person. I TRY so hard not to fuss too much or complain too much when my son is acting a fool. I KNOW those families would give anything to have their kids driving them bonkers right about now.

I catch myself panicking during the day because how are we to know that nothing crazy like that is going to happen again? Everyone thinks, "Oh, that would never happen to me." I'm the opposite............. I don't think like that. I feel like I'm always on the look out :-(

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM

From time to time I will stop and think about the families too.  Its hard to imagine why anyone would want to harm innocent children, i guess that is what i am struggling with....they didn't do anything to the gun man and why them?

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I try not to think about it because it makes me sick

kayleeab
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM

It makes me sad, I try not to think about it but it pops up in my mind often. I feel so bad for the parents and I prey for them.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM
it's a sad situation that devastated many. Life goes on, but I know alot of people won't be the same, especially those who it directly affected. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)