Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Natural Family Planning

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

Has anyone used NFP to NOT get pregnant??

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM
No, can't say we do. But I'm sure someone in here does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
missjne
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Someone suggested it to me on another post and then when I asked her about it she said "well yeah, I used it TO get prego".  LOL

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I used it to avoid and to achieve pregnancy.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Idk if it's NFP but practice something called Pull and Pray.

It's been 6 years and no baby yet.

EarlGrayHot
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

"Natural" family planning usually results in large families.  It is not a very good idea.  Using basal temperature to predict ovulation is helpful and we used it successfully when we were trying to get pregnant.  If I interpret "pull and pray" correctly, it is another way of often ending up pregnant since semen can still get where it wants to be.  If you really want to make sure you don't get pregnant then reliable methods like oral contraceptives, diaphrams, condoms, or under-the-skin implants are the only way to go.  And why not?  There is usually a method that will work for you if you try different ones until you find on you like.  If you are really serious about not getting pregnant talk to your doctor or local Planned Parenthood and ditch the "natural" methods which are very unreliable.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Pulling out is only unsuccessful if there is either semen already present in the urethra, (the man either having masturbated or engaged intercourse within the past hour or two) or if he doesn't pull out in time and ejaculated inside the woman.

We've been practicing this method for over 6 years and haven't had a pregnancy yet.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

"Natural" family planning usually results in large families.  It is not a very good idea.  Using basal temperature to predict ovulation is helpful and we used it successfully when we were trying to get pregnant.  If I interpret "pull and pray" correctly, it is another way of often ending up pregnant since semen can still get where it wants to be.  If you really want to make sure you don't get pregnant then reliable methods like oral contraceptives, diaphrams, condoms, or under-the-skin implants are the only way to go.  And why not?  There is usually a method that will work for you if you try different ones until you find on you like.  If you are really serious about not getting pregnant talk to your doctor or local Planned Parenthood and ditch the "natural" methods which are very unreliable.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I've wanted to try it because I hate BC, but I know nothing about it..
missjne
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

This type of post was exactly what I was expecting the entire time that I have been on cafemom.  I don't really understand why people must lecture others when they are simply asking a question.  I'm fairly positive that we are all grown women and completely understand the consequences of having sex in the first place.  I know that you haven't read my other posts but I've been on BC and we do use condoms.  I am only asking for input on the experiences that others have had (if they have used) NFP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has been kind enough to share your positive thoughts and feelings with me!

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Sisacat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Have used it for 13 years. I've had 3 intended pregnancies. Works for me, just know your cycle and abstain during the week of ovulation. It makes sense that conception can occur in a 72 hour window of time. I had to use an ovulation kit when I wanted to conceive. Right now 35 weeks pregnant.
Raeann11
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Nope, hubby and I looked into it. It was not for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN