Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 years old and first ever dentist appointment(pics)

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have never had dental insurance or qualified for any help for such. We now have dental insurance so we started with the youngest because her permanent teeth are growing in behind her baby teeth. They just popped through this week.

See pic:

Here she is today at the dentist. NO CAVITIES.  Although she will need all 4 bottom front teeth pulled because there is no room for the permanent ones to come in.........that will happen Thursday..eeeeeeeek.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and of course she got ketchupn on her shirt today.........when she wears white....sigh. LOL

MrsImperfect
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
The second picture she looks nervous. Poor girl. But glad everything is working out now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I got 2 of mine pulled for the same reason.

My 5 yr old and 3 yr old recently had their first visit. It went great except my 5 yr old had ground his front teeth down to the nerve on the back where we couldn't see. He had been complaining of pain when eating but I thought it was his loose tooth.
He got fillings put on them.
I was shocked at how well they both did.
Having a good hygienist and dentist makes a big difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Hmmmm, My 6yo's teeth are coming in the same way. His Pediodontist said not to worry until all his baby teeth have fallen out as they will move forward on their own. (maybe not completely but it's best to wait) Sounds like you should get a second opinion.

AllofFive19
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Poor girl. That's not a fun procedure.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Yes, she was nervous but she did great. The tech and the dentist said she was a great patient.  I am more nervous about next week than she is.  She is excited caus the tooth fairy will come. LOL

Quoting MrsImperfect:

The second picture she looks nervous. Poor girl. But glad everything is working out now.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I am going to be praying a LOT during it.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Poor girl. That's not a fun procedure.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM

No you can tell by the xrays the teeth that are coming in are way too big for her mouth in that area. And they are too far back to push the baby one's out. The xrays are very clear. This is a pediatric dentist and highly recommended. If you could see the xrays you'd see how clearly it is needed.  It is quite evident even to the untrained eye it is necessary. This dentist is well known for not doing any unneede procedures. That is why I chose them. 

Quoting Amybelle:

Hmmmm, My 6yo's teeth are coming in the same way. His Pediodontist said not to worry until all his baby teeth have fallen out as they will move forward on their own. (maybe not completely but it's best to wait) Sounds like you should get a second opinion.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Yes it does. They are awesome. I did research before I picked one. I chose one that is known for not doing unneccessary procedures and for not doing anything that will hurt kids if they can avoid it.

Quoting AleaKat:

I got 2 of mine pulled for the same reason.

My 5 yr old and 3 yr old recently had their first visit. It went great except my 5 yr old had ground his front teeth down to the nerve on the back where we couldn't see. He had been complaining of pain when eating but I thought it was his loose tooth.
He got fillings put on them.
I was shocked at how well they both did.
Having a good hygienist and dentist makes a big difference.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor little one, they bounce back fast though!
My 7 & 8 year old had the same problem, they let it correct itself though.
Glad you found a good dentist, I've seen some questionable ones!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)