Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring Break

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

What are you doing for spring break?

We are doing nothing much, we may go to the zoo or something one day but money is tight so we will be staying home pretty much.

What do you wish you could do?

I wish we could spend a few days on a beach, preferablly where it is nice and warm and the the ocean is clear.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just going to post a similar post!

We are going to a spring training game tomorrow, staying overnight and then going to a zoo near the spring training stadium.

Then off to see the "Gator Boys" on Tuesday...

After that, hopefully relaxing and maybe going into work for a LITTLE bit on Thursday...  Then soccer, birthday party, Easter, etc...

I still have some more days where we may make plans - but so far, pretty busy!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM

That souns wonderful.

starlight91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Working

SeelyGoose
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM

We'll be going to the circus other than that, not much. Money is very tight here too.. We might paint some eggs and go to a community sponsored egg hunt that's free. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Yeah, my hubby too, so we can't really go anywhere and him getting off for a day trip is doubtful, but I am hoping.

Quoting starlight91:

Working

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM

That sounds like fun. We may go one evening since the sun sets later, for a family bike ride at a local park.

Quoting SeelyGoose:

We'll be going to the circus other than that, not much. Money is very tight here too.. We might paint some eggs and go to a community sponsored egg hunt that's free. 

starlight91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Both my husband , myself and my 17 yr old dd will all be working, my 13 yr old dd will be home alone.

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeah, my hubby too, so we can't really go anywhere and him getting off for a day trip is doubtful, but I am hoping.

Quoting starlight91:

Working

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

How does your 13 year old do at home alone?  My son is 12, almost 13. I am looking for work and when I find a job he will need to be home alone this summer.  What rules, etc do you have in place?  My son is very responsible and mature, but he is a kid.  I just wonder how other moms get them used to that or what rules they have etc.

Quoting starlight91:

Both my husband , myself and my 17 yr old dd will all be working, my 13 yr old dd will be home alone.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting starlight91:

Working

starlight91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Well she can not have boys over for one.lol  She must d her chores before anything She pretty much can do what she wants within her boundry lines ( certain streets she can not cross), she knows she must ask before she goes anywhere ( she will walk). She knows the normal rules apply and if I find out she wasnt behaving or against our rules, shes grounded,phone taken away too. She also knows the neighbor keeps an eye on whats going on, if he sees something he knows my dh & I wouldnt approve of , he texts us.

Quoting Thelmama:

How does your 13 year old do at home alone?  My son is 12, almost 13. I am looking for work and when I find a job he will need to be home alone this summer.  What rules, etc do you have in place?  My son is very responsible and mature, but he is a kid.  I just wonder how other moms get them used to that or what rules they have etc.

Quoting starlight91:

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting starlight91:

Working

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Thank you...we have a couple of neighbors that would be helpful with that.  He is pretty good about rules. Did she like staying alone or did she need to adjust to it at first?

Quoting starlight91:

Well she can not have boys over for one.lol  She must d her chores before anything She pretty much can do what she wants within her boundry lines ( certain streets she can not cross), she knows she must ask before she goes anywhere ( she will walk). She knows the normal rules apply and if I find out she wasnt behaving or against our rules, shes grounded,phone taken away too. She also knows the neighbor keeps an eye on whats going on, if he sees something he knows my dh & I wouldnt approve of , he texts us.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting starlight91:

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting starlight91:

Working

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)