Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you have a Pit Bull mix

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 22 Replies

Can others tell that it's a Pit Bull mix, would they mistake it for a pure Pit? We know someone that has Pit/black Lab puppies, but we rent and Pit Bulls and Rottweilers aren't allowed by most landlords in this area.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I'm pretty sure most will be able to tell. There are around 26 dog breeds that resemble pits though, you can always lie..not good I know. You could also say lab mix..mixed with you don't know what. We have a pit bull/staffordshire...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I have seen dogs that people said were part pit and did not readily notice it, but often they do resemble pits in some identifiable way.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Need a pic and I could tell you.

emilyelephant
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM

They're only 3-4 weeks old right now.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Need a pic and I could tell you.

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM

You will be able to tell and your landlord could have you take the dog to a vet to get a letter stating hes not pit sorry

.thatsme.
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Yes everyone that comes here (ups lady, landlord, neighbors friends) ask if he is a pit. He's a pit boxer mix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM

usually it's the snout that gives it away

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
We have a Boxer/Lab mix, and people are all the time asking if he has Pit in him. (we adopted him last April from our local Animal Control who said he has zero Pit in him...we did a DNA test thingy through our vet who confirmed no Pit, but we are still getting told it looks like he has Pit in him. )

I guess what I'm saying is, people more than likely would be able to see the Pit in the dog.
happinessforyou
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Why would you want to bring in a puppy-love him- and then find out somewhere down the line you most likely will have to re-home him?

Do the dog a favor and take a pass on this one. If you want a dog, fine. But don't get one knowing that in all probability you will end up re-homing him. GL

emilyelephant
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We are not the type of people to get animals and just get rid of them. I didn't ask if we should get one, I asked if others that have mixes think theirs would be recognized as Pit Bulls. Honestly, SO wants one but I would be the one training, cleaning up accidents, etc while also caring for our 6 month old, and I don't want to take all that on right now.  The fact that most people answered and said that theirs would be recognized as such means that I can use it in my argument against him if he brings up the subject again. Thanks for not answering my question and trying to belittle me instead.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Why would you want to bring in a puppy-love him- and then find out somewhere down the line you most likely will have to re-home him?

Do the dog a favor and take a pass on this one. If you want a dog, fine. But don't get one knowing that in all probability you will end up re-homing him. GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)