Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Kid favorites

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 21 Replies
So what are some of your kids favorite types of outings?

I know for my kids, zoos or anything with animals is a huge hit.

They don't love sporting event type outings...

They like museums on topics they are interested in.

They prefer the pool to the beach.

How about your kiddos?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Arcades, paintball, movies, beaches , bike rides, hikes, skate parks, science museums, they liked gettysburg..
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I bet Gettysberg was cool!!!

Sounds like your kids like a range of activities!

Quoting calsmom62:

Arcades, paintball, movies, beaches , bike rides, hikes, skate parks, science museums, they liked gettysburg..

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Gettysburg is very neat. Their last trip there was a scout campout. The older the kids get the harder it is to find things to do ....we took them to cooperstown figuring they would love it. They practically ran thru the hall of fame museum asking "can we go now???". Dh and I are going to go again without them one day.
Roo1234
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
they appreciate just about anything.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yes - sometimes it is hard to predict!

The kids did NOT enjoy a spring training baseball game today - but are amazingly excited to go to a new (to them) zoo tomorrow...

Quoting calsmom62:

Gettysburg is very neat. Their last trip there was a scout campout. The older the kids get the harder it is to find things to do ....we took them to cooperstown figuring they would love it. They practically ran thru the hall of fame museum asking "can we go now???". Dh and I are going to go again without them one day.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM
My kids liked the Bronx zoo a lot. We haven't been to the zoo in Boston since they were filming zookeeper with Kevin James there. A lot if things were closed off and it was boring to the kids. We did a sleepover at the roger Williams zoo in providence and they lived going round at night with the special red light to see the animals

Quoting Kris_PBG:

The kids did NOT enjoy a spring training baseball game today - but are amazingly excited to go to a new (to them) zoo tomorrow...

Quoting calsmom62:

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Awwwwwww - I MISS the Bronx zoo! Have you been to the Hall of Science? I think it is in Queens? It's been a while...

Quoting calsmom62:

My kids liked the Bronx zoo a lot. We haven't been to the zoo in Boston since they were filming zookeeper with Kevin James there. A lot if things were closed off and it was boring to the kids. We did a sleepover at the roger Williams zoo in providence and they lived going round at night with the special red light to see the animals

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting calsmom62:

LuckyMomma86
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish spring would come I live in southern indiana. My daughter is 2yrs old. She hasnt been to the zoo yet. We plan on taking her to the louisville zoo this year. She had fun at holiday world last year. She loves swimming. It didnt take her long to learning how to swim. We want to take her to the Children's Museum in Indy. We hope to go to flordia this year. My fiance lived in Clearwater Flordia in his 20s he is 43yrs old now. I'm 26yrs old and been to the beach once tybee island. Our 2yr old daughter never and his kids never been too. We hope to go fishing and camping. She loves going to the park. She loves shopping when she is the one getting spoiled lol. She loves going anywhere with her daddy. My stepsons paintball (stepsons are 13yrs old and 11yrs old), just being outdoors country boys.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have great things planned!!!

Ironically, I went to Tybee Island for spring break one year in college!

Quoting LuckyMomma86:

I wish spring would come I live in southern indiana. My daughter is 2yrs old. She hasnt been to the zoo yet. We plan on taking her to the louisville zoo this year. She had fun at holiday world last year. She loves swimming. It didnt take her long to learning how to swim. We want to take her to the Children's Museum in Indy. We hope to go to flordia this year. My fiance lived in Clearwater Flordia in his 20s he is 43yrs old now. I'm 26yrs old and been to the beach once tybee island. Our 2yr old daughter never and his kids never been too. We hope to go fishing and camping. She loves going to the park. She loves shopping when she is the one getting spoiled lol. She loves going anywhere with her daddy. My stepsons paintball (stepsons are 13yrs old and 11yrs old), just being outdoors country boys.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
No we haven't been there! I will have to add that to our list !

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Awwwwwww - I MISS the Bronx zoo! Have you been to the Hall of Science? I think it is in Queens? It's been a while...

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting calsmom62:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN