Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Should I Lie??

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Liz
  • 50 Replies
We might be going on a short family vacation this summer. We're a family of six, kids are 18 months, 4, 7 & 8.

Here's our dilemma, hotels are ridiculously expense for 6. They require you to get two rooms.

Should I lie and say there's 4, so we can get only one suite with 2 beds and a couch?

Have you ever lied about hotel occupancy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you get a family suite or rent a condo?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I would keep looking around. There are hotels that will allow all six of you in one room. We do it all the time (also a family of six). 

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Possibly
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I always used to lie about our family of five.

bellawomen
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:01 AM
2 moms liked this

It is against fire code and in case of emergency they would not have an accurate head count.  Very risky.  In the chance that you get caught, you are subject to fines and additional costs from the hotel.

Call the hotel directly or look for another.  I would see about a short term rental at a condo or something.  Where are you visiting and when?

Kmcasey9
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I have 4 kids and we travelled when they were younger.  We would splurge and get 1 "bigger" room instead of 2 small cheaper-hotel rooms (cost less, too) and bring a full-sized Aerobed.  We also got 2 queen-sized beds in the room as opposed to a king bed.  my kids would bicker because they all wanted the Aerobed :)

As for fire code issues, we were in one room.  No one left.  If there was a fire, I'd rather have my husband and other children with me when we evacuate rather than in another room.

Now that they are getting older (7-11), we typically get an adjoining room for our sanity.  It is during these times when my husband jokingly says thank goodness we stopped at 4 because the hotel/car seating/amusement park rides would have a "dangler" :)

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Go for it sneak the kids in later on at night LOL have fun ;]

chattycassie
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

If you can't find anywhere that will let all 6 of you in. When we went to Disney land we stayed @ Best western and got a suite for the weekend. ( We had 6 people it was not a problem)

Marz31
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

there weren't inexpensive suite hotels when I was growing up, a lot of hotels would just roll in a single and my dad got a bed to himself while my mom, my two sisters and I shared the two double beds in the room. BUT there are so many suite hotels now, I'm surprised you can't find one that has two doubles and a pull out couch in a separate or separated (no door) room. I probably wouldn't do it in a regular hotel room, but it does seem odd that with a suite, they'd require a second to accommodate the young children. especially when 2 are as young as they are. I do understand the fire code laws, like I said, I wouldn't do it in a regular 300sqft hotel room, but so many hotels have larger room options now. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup I would lie in a heartbeat.  I think it is ridiculous they put occupancy limits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN