Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Is this appropiate?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 223 Replies

Poll

Question: So would you ever reveal a gift of that magnitude at your kids birthday party?

Options:

I wouldn't because of the jealousy it may cause between all the kids.

Forget jealousy! It's my kids special day.

Neither here nor there with the decision.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 833

View Results

So, you've decided to surprise you child with a trip to WDW for their birthday. To tell them the big news you chose to do so at their birthday party using a scavenger hunt in which the other party guest, i.e their friends, arent a part of. The only get to watch. Do you think that it is appropiate to reveal such a gift amongst the other kids or should that be the last gift revealed to your child after the party. I would think that would cause alot of jealousy and envy between your child and their friends. What do you think?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysparkles
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
70 moms liked this
I wouldn't but not because of the magnitude of the gift; it's not fair to have a birthday party and then make the other kids sit out while your child has fun doing a scavenger hunt.

(Please note that the "you" is just a general you and not specific you lol.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorik1969
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
37 moms liked this
Seems like showing off to me. You don't make the focal point of a party an activity in which none of the children participate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, if my child were getting such a gift, they wouldn't be getting such a party, in a year or two, she'll get the choice of a party or a trip (maybe not Disney, but still more than we'd spend on a gift and party normally). There's no way we'd ever be able to do both a big party with friends AND a trip, we aren't broke, but we're not swimming in it either! and knowing my daughter, I probably wouldn't tell her about the trip, if it was a surprise, until a day before, we're going on a long weekend in the middle of May and she's been asking about it nonstop, I can't even imagine what a trip to Disney would do to her! LOL

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
This.

Quoting kellysparkles:

I wouldn't but not because of the magnitude of the gift; it's not fair to have a birthday party and then make the other kids sit out while your child has fun doing a scavenger hunt.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.. : )

Quoting kellysparkles:

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
5 moms liked this

I wouldn't, but I think my kids could handle being a guest at that party, and I would just tell them to be happy for their friend.

anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
6 moms liked this

I like the 1st 2 answers.  I think it is just kinda mean to make the other kids sit out at a party!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM
8 moms liked this

I would have done it with the child and parents only. And video taped it along the way.

GELiz
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not reveal that gift at the party.

MJP76
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't know what WDW is, however, if it's my child's birthday, I'll reveal whatever I choose to him, it's his day, no one else's. the other kids have to realize its not their day. Jealousy is a horrible negative emotion to have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN