Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How I ended up in the ER after a bikini wax.. Long Story!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:49 AM
  • 251 Replies
70 moms liked this

So I decided to get my first ever bikini wax. I knew it was gonna be painful but I figured I gave birth naturally so I could handle anything... boy was I wrong. O_o So I go to the salon and brought my mom with me for support, I make my request and pay for the service. I get to the waxing room, hop on the table, disrobe and lay down. The woman (a very sweet East Indian lady) asks is it my first time and I say yes. She looks at my mom who is already giggling and gives a knowing look. She promises to let me know everything she's gonna do. She used a damp cotton pad and tells me it's alcohol and a pain reliever. She lets that sit for about 3 minutes and the anticipation is killing me. She
applies the warm wax to my bikini line on the right along my pelvis... Then "RIIIIP"... I screamed for God and instantly bit down on my cheek. Now my "region" is on fire and my mouth is full of blood. I'm choking on blood! My mother looked inside my mouth using the light on her iPhone and says "Oh shit, we gotta go". We left the salon in a hurry while the receptionist is chasing me to my car with a $200 gift card and apologies for my experience. I get to the ER and after a few laughs and some morphine I end up with a half waxed bikini area and 8 stitches in my mouth... From now on I'll stick to razors and Nair.

OMGEE... This is a feature post now!?!? I've never had a post get so many responses before! Thank you Ladies for the well wishes and hugs offered. My cheek is swollen and Popsicles have become my best friend. It was an experience for sure and I think maybe after a bottle of vodka I may try bikini waxing again. As far as the hospitals response... Once I gave the okay the attending doctor and R/N laughed loudly and we all agreed that bikini waxing is something that should be done in a hospital under heavy anesthesia.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellawomen
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:52 AM
7 moms liked this

hahaha   I have to say, that is a damn good stitches story!  Hope you feel better soon.

Jessica518
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Haha funny but just imaging if it was me. Glad your okay
mattiehatter
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh my god! You poor woman!

mommy_madilyn
by Amy on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Damn! Hope you feel better soon!
jojo_382
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Oh my goodness I was just lol pin this am sorry I hope,u feels better
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM
17 moms liked this
Lol im soo sorry for laughing but a half waxed bikini...LOL... If you do go back to finish it wear a mouth guard.. Lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM

OMG!  LOL!  That sucks, but that is a funny story!  I hope you feel better ASAP.

Dreamweaver_46
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow ! So your not gonna get the other side done ? Lol

MsElle
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
6 moms liked this
Thank you ladies... It's okay to laugh! I agree it's pretty funny in hindsight. As far as going back to finish the wax... I'm scared as hell!! The only way I'm going to finish it is if I'm drugged or drunk
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
ouch!! Glad it wasn't me, that's for sure! Sorry you had such a bad experience, but I'm happy that you can laugh about it now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)