Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Easter traditions?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 10 Replies

What are some traditions your family does for Easter?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM

not anything special here but we have dinner, and baskets.  When I was a kids we used to go to church but we don't do that anymore.  I have social anxiety and can't be in a huge crowd.

sjump25
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM

We dye eggs, do Easter egg hunt, Easter dinner(s), visit the Easter bunny and the Easter bunny delivers basket.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Nothing too unique - baskets, egg hunt, family meal... :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Get up and the girls get there baskets and they get to play. We have my Dad and sisters over. Then we do an egg hunt and have a nice big lunch. Hang out and play games for a while. They they leave and we just enjoying the night. I am so going to miss that this year.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Hmm. We dye eggs the night before, EB comes in, hides plastic eggs with stuff in them, leaves baskets and etc *if something doesn't fit in basket*, eats some carrots, drinks some carrot juice, and hops out, leaving his footprints behind.

The kids get up, wake us up, we get coffee and comment that EB came, then the kids are able to come out at that time to check out their baskets. Then we have our egg hunt. The kids vacuum up EB's footprints.

We then go over to Leigh's grandma's across the street where EB hid the dyed eggs in her backyard *to keep them cool*. Another hunt ensues, then we eat creamed egg on toast with some of the dyed eggs *the obligatory Easter breakfast that I grew up with*.

We come home then make deviled eggs for the dinner, egg salad for lunch, and also potato salad. Around dinnertime we go back to his Grandma's and eat Easter dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs, green beans, King's Hawaiian rolls, and a bunny head cake for dessert.

I think that's everything. :)
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

New outfits for Easter

Easter baskets for the kids

Easter egg hunt in the AM (before church)

Easter Sunday fellowship before service at church (coffee, munchies, and spending time visiting) VS an Easter breakfast like our church used to do....

Church (family-style worship) - meaning no Children's Church that day.  Nursery still available for the "under 4 crowd"...

Easter dinner (with one of the two sets of grandparents)...

Quiet afternoon and evening at home...

bchic24
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

We do 2 easter egg hunts. Real eggs in the house, plastic eggs outside. About a week before Easter we get all the kids together to dye eggs in bulk all at once. We have easter baskets that the bunny leaves and all the baskets have a special egg in them. We also do the whole fancy outfits and church and we have an Easter Lunch.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Same here.. :)

Quoting sjump25:

We dye eggs, do Easter egg hunt, Easter dinner(s), visit the Easter bunny and the Easter bunny delivers basket.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quoting sjump25:

That is about it here as well

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bchic24:

We do 2 easter egg hunts. Real eggs in the house, plastic eggs outside. About a week before Easter we get all the kids together to dye eggs in bulk all at once. We have easter baskets that the bunny leaves and all the baskets have a special egg in them. We also do the whole fancy outfits and church and we have an Easter Lunch.

Nice very nice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)