Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What am I doing wrong ?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have two dogs, zoey she's 2 purebred Siberian husky and we've had her for almost 8months now. And 3weeks ago we got another dog she's a boxer/white lab mix and she's only 1 and her name is precious. Anyways zoey just doesn't seem to eat as much as she use too, she was eating 2-3times a day plus treats but now I'm lucky if she will eat just once a day she seems to be happy we thought she may have worms but I have been checking her bowels and nothing she was on purina alpo and then I tried switching her food to pedigree but still she's barely eating. I know she doesn't like having too many people around her when she does eat I know odd but she is more comfortable eating alone. Could it be because we got a new dog or maybe she's just not as hungry as much and she's good with eating one full dish a day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HannahC
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I'm no help, so here's a bump.
Ot... I want a husky so bad!
mrsrobins2012
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
They are beautiful dogs I'm just glad we have a lot of property for her since husky's love to run lol

Quoting HannahC:

I'm no help, so here's a bump.

Ot... I want a husky so bad!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I don't know either, is she otherwise healthy?

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM

My dog is about 50 lbs, she eats 1/2 cup twice a day, and a couple of treats. But she's pretty old and not that active anymore.

mrsrobins2012
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Yeah she's still as active as always she's still drinking too. I haven't noticed any huge changes just her appetite

Quoting Lindalou907:

I don't know either, is she otherwise healthy?

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I wouldn't worry then unless she starts really losing weight. And do keep feeding them separately :)

mrsrobins2012
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Yeah my brothers dog she is the same age as zoey and she only seems to eat in the evening and she is healthy so i don't know maybe she is just happy with once a day I think I'm being too paranoid but our dogs are our family and my oldest daughter would be crushed if she was sick

Quoting Lindalou907:

My dog is about 50 lbs, she eats 1/2 cup twice a day, and a couple of treats. But she's pretty old and not that active anymore.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM
If her poop seems fine and she's not lethargic then I wouldn't worry.
If she starts acting strange then you should see a vet.
Some unsolicited info..You should try Canidae or another food that's grain free. Better food, better ingredients, better for your pooch...less pooper scooping too. ; )
snharden44
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
It's probably the new dog, but she ought to grow out of it. Try feeding them in deprecate rooms. Good luck!
luvmybug
by Amanda on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM
It is probably because of the new addition. Don't worry she won't starve herself. Just give it a little time. It has only been a few weeks. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN