Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

The Break Spring forgot.......

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 11 Replies

One upon a time, in a friendly little town lived 1 prince and two princesses with their loving Mom and Dad. They had slugged their way through countless days of school, looking forward to the lovely event called Spring Break. With much anticipation, they planned picnics, zoo walks, bike riding and so much more to enjoy in the coming spring. A couple of weeks before the event Spring teased the family, with warm weather, sun filled says, birds singing and flowers blooming. Oh how excited they became that Spring had begun to spring.  

Then Spring break came, with snow flurries and weather so cold there were puddles with ice in them and the wind had a nasty bite.  So here they sit trying to find ways to enjoy the break Spring forgot.  

LOL LOL LOL

We are going to color eggs today just for the fun of it since it is too cold for a picnic.  Then I think we will have a "camp out" in the living room tonight in a blanket fort.  

I will make this break fun.  The beginning of it, I had two sick but they are well now and I am trying to rescue spring break on a VERY TIGHT budget. 

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
very cute story! I hope your break that Spring forgot turns out better before it's over :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Thank you. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow, just in time for dd to have her 4 teeth pulled due to crowding out the permanent ones trying to come in.  So I figure I need to do something fun in the morning, then we have Friday. Saturday it is supposed to rain. LOL.  I can't wait until summer.  LOL

USM0MMY
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My siblings are in the same boat lol They were really looking forward to their Spring Break, and they are doing their best to enjoy it, but it isn't the same with the cold and slushy snow.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

At least our flurries, didn't stick.  But man it is so cold. The birds are freezing their wee little tushies off. They even thought it was spring, poor things. LOL

Quoting USM0MMY:

My siblings are in the same boat lol They were really looking forward to their Spring Break, and they are doing their best to enjoy it, but it isn't the same with the cold and slushy snow.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man - snow during spring break is a downer!!

We are having an uncharacteristic "cold snap" and I am. I am kind of enjoying it... It is about to be a sauna 24/7 for us here soon - this feels like the winter we missed!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yeahk I grew up in FL where "winter" usually lasted maybe a week tops. IF we had cold snap other than that people went nuts worrying about crops and what not.  LOL And on the rare occasions a flurry or some snow fell from the sky, panic and chaos insued and there was no bread or milk for miles around. LOL LOL LOL

Quoting Kris_PBG:

We are having an uncharacteristic "cold snap" and I am. I am kind of enjoying it... It is about to be a sauna 24/7 for us here soon - this feels like the winter we missed!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Yes - although where we are nothing ever falls from the sky but rain (and every once in a blue moon - hail!)

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeahk I grew up in FL where "winter" usually lasted maybe a week tops. IF we had cold snap other than that people went nuts worrying about crops and what not.  LOL And on the rare occasions a flurry or some snow fell from the sky, panic and chaos insued and there was no bread or milk for miles around. LOL LOL LOL

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Well we tried the pinterest thing of using shaving cream to color eggs.........not impressed.  I am going to get some stuff do do eggs with this weekend. We do it not cause it is the thing to do for "easter" or to represent anything but because it was a good indoor activity........and the girls and I love deviled eggs....which is what I will be turning our boiled eggs into later.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Love the story!!
That's no fun being stuck indoors!!

I'll tell our temps to head your way... I won't tell you where I am though...I don't want to make you jealous!! ;)
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Thank you  Well even if it were warm, I have one with a low grade temp...sigh.  She was fever free for one whole day and that it came back. It is just low grade, 100.8.  My mother in law swears that is a significant fever, LOL.  I say uh, no the doctors are not going to treat that. She said doctors don't know anything......LOL LOL LOL  In any case, it is currently 31 but supposed to go up to 60 today.  

Quoting bigmama423:

Love the story!!
That's no fun being stuck indoors!!

I'll tell our temps to head your way... I won't tell you where I am though...I don't want to make you jealous!! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN