Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little common courtesy

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 28 Replies
5 moms liked this
I work at a fast food place, (sorry can't use name of place or could lose job). I work drive thru so here are a few tips. 1. Please speak up, but don't yell. I have a head set on, but if you speak too low, I can't hear you. 2. If I don't answer my headset immediately, don't say are you there or Hello? No need to be rude. I may have someone at my window asking me or a question or I may be trying to count out change. 3. Please know what you want when you pull up. We are actually timed on how long it takes to put your order in. 4. Don't let your child order. 5. Don't get mad at me cause our ice cream machine has already shut it self down at 10:00 at night. It is not my fault. It is on a timer. 6. Don't get mad at me cause we are out of something or no longer sell it. It is up to corporate what we do or do not sell. not me. 7. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: DO NO BE ON YOUR CELL PHONE AND DO NO IGNORE ME. I AM A PERSON TOO AND YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME TO IGNORE YOU SO DON'T IGNORE ME.
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JJJMommyKris
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Fair enough but could you not lie to me? If you don't want to make me a cup of coffee, tell me I'm too lazy and I don't want to do it instead of telling me the machine is broken (but only on Sundays for the last month) and then changing your story, it's not broken, we actually are out of milk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melissaAD1125
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Ok I agree on most except know what you want when you pull up not everyone knows the entire menu of every restaurant
little.worthen
by Tessie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree with everything except knowing what you're going to order. I don't know everything on the menu at every restaurant.

Eta: also, I have no idea what's going on at your window so I'm going to say "hello" if you don't take the two seconds it takes to tell me you'll be with me in just a moment.

I used to work at mcd's in the cash window when we had two lanes and short staff and I took orders in both lanes and took cash and still met our 160 second time limit on each order. It's not that hard.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, however I have had them not even acknowledge I am there for way too long.  Also, I have had them say to speak up then yell at me and say "don't yell at me"..When all I did was up my voice a tad.  I don't use an outside voice but I know to raise my voice a bit.  Also I like them to get my order right. IF I say a burger plain, NOTHING on it. I expect a burger plain, no cheese, no pickle NADA. Don't get mad because I ask you to correct it, seeing as I have a very allergic child. While you may not know that, follow the request of the order given and don't get mad at me when I tell you it is incorrect.  

Also I have had people to busy flirting with their co-worker to pay attention to the customer.  Most times however, I have not had a problem. Biggest problems is getting the order correct when I ask for a plain burger with NOTHING on it.

(This was the general you, not you personally).

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Also a mocha frappe does not sound anything like a plain coffee.  When I want a mocha frappe I do NOT want coffee. Then the lady got angry because I said the order was wrong, even though I had the receipt to prove it.  She gave me the evil eye, yelled for me to pull forward, then slammed the windo shut with her hand.  Then practically threw the frappe at me when she brought it to me. I smiled and said thank you, I hope you have a good day. Then she just stared at me, then dropped her head and mumbled you too. 

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I was with you up to here. I too worked fast food and just because you were super woman doesn't mean everyone else is going to be.

I worked drive through and it was SHIT. I applaud people who can do it and do it well but I understand (and sympathise) with those who can't.

Quoting little.worthen:

I agree with everything except knowing what you're going to order. I don't know everything on the menu at every restaurant.

Eta: also, I have no idea what's going on at your window so I'm going to say "hello" if you don't take the two seconds it takes to tell me you'll be with me in just a moment.

I used to work at mcd's in the cash window when we had two lanes and short staff and I took orders in both lanes and took cash and still met our 160 second time limit on each order. It's not that hard.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

little.worthen
by Tessie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't trying to say I was super woman. I was saying its not hard to stop what you're doing and say ill be right with you, and then go back to helping the person at your window

Quoting paganbaby:

I was with you up to here. I too worked fast food and just because you were super woman doesn't mean everyone else is going to be.

I worked drive through and it was SHIT. I applaud people who can do it and do it well but I understand (and sympathise) with those who can't.

Quoting little.worthen:

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Then that's what you should have wrote.

Quoting little.worthen:

I wasn't trying to say I was super woman. I was saying its not hard to stop what you're doing and say ill be right with you, and then go back to helping the person at your window

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting little.worthen:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

USM0MMY
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

What I found REALLY annoying is when people would start saying their order and I would be putting it into the computer, then at the end they would yell "HELLO??" They would say this RIGHT after they had finished saying their order, before I was even able to click the button on my headset to respond.

little.worthen
by Tessie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Have written*

Quoting paganbaby:

Then that's what you should have wrote.

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting little.worthen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)