Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Nipple Piercing - UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

I want to get it done.  My brother's husband (BIL) will be doing it.  Who do you determine what gauge to use?  How was your experience?  Do you wear a ring or rod?  How long do you have to wear it before you can take it out without it closing up?  Can I hear your story?

Update:  I did it.  And I'm glad I took everyone's advice and had it done by a professional.  The piercer had both done within a minute.  And I love'em!  Thanks for all the bashers who pretty much said I'd be stupid if a professional didn't do it!  Hope everyone has a good day.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I've never had my nipples pierced but here's a BUMP for ya! :)
Jademarae24
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I have mine done. I believe they determine the gauge by the size of your nipple. I got mine done in october and I haven't taken it out yet but than s just because I'm extra cautious. It really doesn't hurt too bad. I only got one done though. I personally like the studs because I don't want something hanging off me that could get caught on something
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I know nothing about it, just that it hurts like hell.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ouch!!!
No idea, my boobies would not be ok with that! ;)
Here's a bump..
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I just had standard gauge. I had rings but I preferred the barbells.
They really didn't hurt that bad, my industrial bar in my ear hurt worse.
I no longer have them because I had surgery and had to remove them.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
All I can say is everyone that I know that has had theirs done have all said it hurts like crazy. Good luck to you.
supercarp
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

My story is I hate the idea.

MJP76
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM

As far as I know every piercing starts out with a 12 or a 14 gauge. If your BIL is a professional piercer then he should know that. If he is not I wouldn't allow him to do it. There is a standard for all beginning piercings. You can wear either a ring or a barbell (which is the technical term). I don't remember how long it takes for nipple piercing to heal all the way. Why would you want to take it out?

teatyme007
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

He not a professional.  But he's done several of his friends and our friends.  And they're all happy with theirs.  I think he even did his own.  I just didn't think I'd be able to leave it in during a mammogram.

Quoting MJP76:

As far as I know every piercing starts out with a 12 or a 14 gauge. If your BIL is a professional piercer then he should know that. If he is not I wouldn't allow him to do it. There is a standard for all beginning piercings. You can wear either a ring or a barbell (which is the technical term). I don't remember how long it takes for nipple piercing to heal all the way. Why would you want to take it out?

MJP76
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Oh you won't be able to leave it in during a mammogram.

Quoting teatyme007:

He not a professional.  But he's done several of his friends and our friends.  And they're all happy with theirs.  I think he even did his own.  I just didn't think I'd be able to leave it in during a mammogram.

Quoting MJP76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)