Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My daughter smells terrible!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

My girl is 4 and she was fully potty trained long ago. She hasn't worn Pull Ups even to bed in almost 2 years. Two months ago she started wetting the bed and then having accidents a few times a day. Now she wears Pull Ups to bed and she never wakes up dry. Her urine smells really foul, exactly like if I left a urine-soaked cloth in the bottom of the hamper for a week. Some days she stinks like nobody's business even if she didn't have an accident. We don't use bubble bath or creams and I sometimes clean her with toddler wipes just to make sure she's clean. Yesterday she took a shower in the morning and soaked in the tub in the evening because she smelled so bad.

When all this started I took her to the doctor. They tested her urine and sent it to the hospital. Neither lab found anything wrong. They said to make sure she drinks plenty of water and it will probably go away. She drinks a ton of water but I'm paying more attention to how much. Still no change. Help!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I would have her tested for diabetes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM
maybe it ur nose..my son use to ( still happens) to pee in the bed and i tell u it was nasty ..i use to take care of my grandfather that was 85 .he was in depends..we had to change him..so every time my son peen in the bed it smells like" pop"..that smell get in ur nose and u cant get it out..or could be her pulls ups or mattress..them thing can make u stink..could be in her clothes.i would have her drink lot h20 and weight a wile see whats up.
DarthMom001
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I know what you mean about it being in my nose. But both my mom and her preschool teacher have mentioned the smell so I know it's not just me.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

maybe it ur nose..my son use to ( still happens) to pee in the bed and i tell u it was nasty ..i use to take care of my grandfather that was 85 .he was in depends..we had to change him..so every time my son peen in the bed it smells like" pop"..that smell get in ur nose and u cant get it out..or could be her pulls ups or mattress..them thing can make u stink..could be in her clothes.i would have her drink lot h20 and weight a wile see whats up.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Quoting DarthMom001:

could it be the water she drinking or food she eating..??can u put baby powder in her panties see if that helps..
Bieg9093
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd go to a pediatric urologist. 

wildhorses420
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

This. Could be what she's intaking but if you're giving plenty of water and still stinks...I would do this.

Quoting Bieg9093:

I'd go to a pediatric urologist. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Give her more water to drink and limit her drinking after 6:00

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

I would have her tested for diabetes.

That may be it.

bigmama423
by Liz on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM
You should take her back to the doctor, maybe a different one, or a urologist.

Try to limit how much she drinks in the evening, we have to do this with my 4 year old..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imasurvivor
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Interstitial Cystitis of the Bladder???

It's common in females & can go a loooong time undetected but can only be detected via cystoscopy.

It's an auto-immune disease where the body attacks the lining of the bladder.

The other thought that came to mind was, if it was at all possible that she's being sexually abused in any way?

I hope whatever it is that she gets better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)