Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My child, not yours!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

Why do some people think they have the right to tell someone else how to raise their child? I never tell another parent how to raise their child unless they are abusing the child. I am a believer in spanking your child when necessary. I don't tell parents who don't spank that they are raising their child wrong. I have so many friends who think I am a bad a parent because I believe in spanking. Me and my husband use spanking as a last resort punishment. We do time-outs, taking away of toys or priveliges first, and only use spanking uf the behavior continues or escalates. I don't care if you think you know everything or not. The point is, THEY ARE MY CHILDREN, NOT YOURS!!!!.  Don't tell me how to raise my children.

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Who are the people telling you this?

I can't say I have ever had that experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM
If you have that many people talking about how you hit your kids, you are doing it too much. And even tho they are your kids, there are laws. The next person talking to you may be from DCFS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Welcome and oh boy, CPS says spanking on the butt is ok at last resource, but then again age is a factor with spanking. If you spank a 10 year old it is not going to solve anything but if you spank a 4 year old it serves a purpose that makes the matter clear. Why would you care what anyone else thinks anyway? There are no perfect parents!

wmmom06
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I have talked to several cops and sheriff's officers where I live at and CPS can only remove your child if a mark is left on them. We spank according to age and what the behavior warrants.

jessesbride
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Cuz people are control freaks!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN