Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I am a new mom and in need of sme advice

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 24 Replies

I just had my beautiful little boy. He is 6 weeks old and i haven't gotten sleep since I gave birth to him. I know that he is a beautiful angel. I know that he is growing. But when I try to take a nap when he does it seems that he wakes up as soon as my head touches the pillow.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

Can you ask his daddy to tend to him for a bit so that you can get some sleep earlier in the evening or later in the mornings?

LilliesValley
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Just keep trying. Dad should really step up a lot and help. Can your mom come and help even for a few hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Tuck him to bed with you for a quick nap. At six weeks he is still pretty young and it shouldnt spoil him to do it once in awhile. If are worried about safety, put him in the carrier on the floor near you while you are on the bed or couch.
1Happy-Momma
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM
First things first being a mother will b your hardest job ever! So sleeping is something you get less of but in Tyme it gets better:) just pay attention to his schedule and in a few days he should slow down sleep longer so tht you can too. If he sleeps somewhere close to you he will sleep longer also. Though do not let baby sleep with you! I hope tht it gets better for you and congrats it's a blessing to watch thm grow and it happens super fast enjoy him while he's lil :)
Calayia
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
can you get a babysitter? just so you can rest.
chrisbabygurl
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

mine r 5,4,and 19 months and we are due again in May and i get 2 hours of sleep a night plus go work an 8 hr shift 5 days a week and i am still trying to figure out how to get sleep 

greatmom28
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Take turns with ur Hubby that's what I did
Lorik1969
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Congratulations! Don't worry about the house and laundry and everything else. Just rest as soon as your little angel lays down.
ambryshan
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Advice-When your husband gets home from work he should give you at least an hour of rest, to recouperate.

ali840
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I know it's tough, and dh might be unwilling to help, but it will pass. He'll start sleeping more soon. Hang in there :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)