Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Hulu Plus or Netflix?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

We don't have cable or satellite-good old fashioned antennae via box on tv but we're paying for Netflix now. But trying to decide if we should switch to Hulu Plus instead-only want one or other due to cutting back on expenses.

Does anyone have one vs the other? If so which would you choose? I'm leaning more towards Hulu due to the tv shows I like that are probably on it. Tips? Thanks

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kansasmom1978
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Netflix. From what I hear Hulu only does TV shows. Netflix does both tv and movies. I pay 7.99 a month for instant netflix. We can access it from our phones, ipad, dvd player and kindlefire. oh and computer lol

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We have both! Netflix for movies and older TV shows, and Hulu Plus for new and older TV shows :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I have both. If you went with only one, I would go with Netflix.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I didn't like netflix.  they only had old movies on there and only selective tv show.  it was not what I thought it was

newwifenmom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I have Netflix and love it, haven't tried Hulu

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We love Netflix

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I've never tried either, but I'd like to know too. I'm sick of paying way too much to Directv...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HippyMomma45
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Thanks! We're going to stick with Netflix & maybe go get a Roku device that will allow us to get Hulu & other internet channels thru the tv so I don't have to sit at my computer to watch regular Hulu. If nothing else Netflix does allow us to temporarily stop it if we want to try Hulu Plus for a bit. 

Kerrigan357
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM

We have hulu plus and Netflix streaming.  With those plus the local channels from the digital TV we are satisfied.  :-)

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Quoting hayliedlr:

I didn't like netflix.  they only had old movies on there and only selective tv show.  it was not what I thought it was

They don't only have old movies. They have a lot of stuff that comes out as soon as it is on DVD. They also have TONS of shows. You must have had it a long time ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN