Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

WALGREENS Requires Card to get savings....

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 56 Replies

Poll

Question: Which option best describes your opinion about "savings cards"?

Options:

I like them!

I hate them!

It really doesn't matter!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

Hi everyone..  I am so disappointed. Here in Tyler, TX. Walgreens now requires a savings "card" to get the sale price on sale items. BUMMER! I recently was told by a cashier there that this began last September (if that is actually correct). I stopped going to Albertsons for that reason. I also stopped going to CVS for that reason too. So, now I will no loger be a patron of Walgreens. What's with all the "customer savings cards" anyway? That's what we all need is another "card" to put in our wallets! If you don't have the card you don't get the savings which I feel is unfair. The clerks won't even swipe their tag or are unable to do that to help you out. We all get enough junk mail as it is. This is another way to get even more junk mail in your mailbox and your email. To some people it's probably no big dea which is fine, but it drives me crazy to have to have a "savings card" or "rewads card" to get the sale price. **sticking my tongue out at Walgreens, CVS and Albertsons**   LOL!!!

Your thoughts?  : )

Thank you for your replies.  :)

All friendly here. Just expressing my disapointment is all.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karisma22
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Safeway has had their cards for years.  If you don't swipe your card, or put in your phone number you don't get the lower price.  I don't like it, but the prices are much better when you use the card.  Seems like it's just another way for the government to keep track of you.

goldilocksbecky
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Check "no" or "unsubscribe" to the extra savings mailers and e-mails.  Or just don't give them an e-mail (everyone I've ever done, the e-mail was optional).  Use a fake phone number (867-5309 anyone?).  You could probably even use a fake address.  I don't mess with the cards in my wallet.  I just do the little ones on my keychain.

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I told the clerk at Walgreens that I didn't need another card to put in my wallet and she told me that I don't have to carry the card with me because they linked it to my phone number. That works for me, so now all I have to do is enter my phone number to get the savings.

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Doesn't bother me..I have club cards for most of the stores in my area. I do not get calls, junk mail or spam e-mails.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
firefly63701
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

You dont even need your card for walgreens.  Just punch in your phone number, no big deal.

shamroc374
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I signed up with just my phone number and didn't even have to get a card. I just punch my phone number in each time I check out. I love the savings. You earn points for every dollar you spend and get a $5 credit when you reach 5000 points. I have gotten $30 back so far.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I never used Walgreens, but I love Duane Reade and used their rewards card. I recently saved over half off what the original total was because I used the balance rewards card. I always give the same email address that I use for useless junk like online surveys and fb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMLaurie
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! The cashier never mentioned that. I wouldn't mind that option at all. I'll look into that. I still feel like someone is looking at everything we buy. **sigh**

Quoting dusky_rose:

I told the clerk at Walgreens that I didn't need another card to put in my wallet and she told me that I don't have to carry the card with me because they linked it to my phone number. That works for me, so now all I have to do is enter my phone number to get the savings.

CMLaurie
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Wow, you're doing well! :)

Quoting shamroc374:

I signed up with just my phone number and didn't even have to get a card. I just punch my phone number in each time I check out. I love the savings. You earn points for every dollar you spend and get a $5 credit when you reach 5000 points. I have gotten $30 back so far.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Wait you no longer shop somewhere because they have a rewards card? Is this for real? That might be the most outrageous reason someone boycotted a store. I think ALL places have rewards cards, they are linked to a number so you don't have to carry them, I don't ever receive junk mail from any of my card places, I get extra savings for using the cards like $$ or so much off a gallon of gas, social coupons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN