baby at the doctorDear Gian Paolo Vanoli,

Wow! What an incredible culmination of a life spent studying science: your amazing, groundbreaking revelation that homosexuality is, in fact, a “disease” caused by vaccinations. Who knew?! Now all we have to do to “save” our children from a fate worse than death is not vaccinate them!

And how big of you not to “blame” people for their gayness, just as you don’t blame someone who "suffers from cancer or a heart attack." What brilliant, inspiring logic!

In other words...

Fuck. You.

Sincerely,

April Daniels Hussar

No kids, this “scientific” theory is not a joke. This cretin who calls himself a scientist really and truly believes not only that gayness is an “illness ... something that does not respect the order of life,” but that the cause of this “illness” is vaccinations. Here’s what Vanoli told Vice Italian by way of explanation (as translated by HuffingtonPost.com):

The vaccine is introduced into the child, the child then grows and tries to find its own personality, and if this is inhibited by mercury or other substances present in the vaccine which enter the brain, the child becomes gay. The problem will especially be present in the next generations, because when gays have children, the children will carry along with them the DNA of their parent’s illness. Because homosexuality is a disease, even though the WHO has decided that it is not. Who cares! The reality is that it is so. Each vaccination produces homosexuality, because it prevents the formation of one’s personality. It is a microform of autism, if you will. You will see how many gays there will be in the next generation, it will be a disaster.

There are so MANY things here that make me angry, but I don’t actually really care about his faulty "science." The most offensive, damaging part of Vanoli’s ludicrous notion is the very idea that gayness is a "disease," or that more gay people in the world would be a "disaster." Being gay is not an illness. It is not something that needs curing, or something we need to try to prevent. It is not against the "order of life," because is it completely natural.

If only people like Vanoli were in the very fringe minority, stuff like this wouldn’t make me so crazy, but unfortunately there are a LOT of people in the world who share his view that being gay is somehow unnatural or wrong. I do have hope that one day he really will be in the vast minority. One day, hopefully not too far from now. In the meantime ...

Does this doctor's claim change your mind about vaccinating your child?