Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My son is a cry baby

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know why he is like this now.  He just will not stop crying, and he throws the biggest tantrums.  You tell him no and he will roll around on the floor kicking and screaming.  He yells to get his point across.  I can't take the tantrums anymore.  I have given him timeouts, taken his toys away, sent him to his room.  He just won't stop.  These tantrums have just started a few months ago and I am not sure why. 

Any advice that worked for you?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (31-34):
Meg2011425
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM
My son would do the same thing. He's 4. I ignored it and did everything else. His came from seeing his dad. He don't always see his dad. All I'm doing now is time outs and being consistent with them. No talking and no emotion for 4 minutes. He just started behavior therapy too.

I hope you can figure it out without intervention. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lcherniske
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I suggest reading the book, "raising your spirited child," by mary sheedy kurcinka ( not sure if i spelled it right. He just sounds very intense which is one of the characteristics she talks about.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I have tried ignoring it and I do pick my battles with him but it is constant.  He will cry if he drops something on the floor, if his sister looks at him and he is not in the mood, if he can't get his movie to work.  He doesn't ever ask for help, he just blows from 0-60 in seconds.  he screams of torture if something goes wrong.  My house is like a battle field with him.

Quoting KylaSmalley:

WOW at all the "ignore him" comments. MAYBE he wants MORE attention?

Sounds like all your (the ones sayin they ignore their children for throwing a tantrum) children are the ones acting out in Walmart or screaming in the doctor offices. I feel bad for all these children. Geez, be a MOTHER, give the attention the children WANT! THEY ARE CHILDREN!

OP, what is wrong with playing in the rain? If he REALLY wants to go outside and actually throwing a tantrum over it, you will put rain boots on him, a raincoat and take him outside. It's not "teaching him to get his way". It's letting him be a kid and play.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM

All boys are

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:07 AM

My 4 year old started doing the same when he turned 4. Sometimes it is just ridiculous!!! I ignore him for the most part or send him to his room when we're home. Sending him to his room gives him some time to get it all out, he usually comes out all happy acting like nothing every happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN