Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Does anyone feel

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
Trapped but not trapped
Like everything you do isn't want you want to do.
How do you fix it?
Where do you start?
Is it me or them?
Am I getting taken advantage of?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikknat
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyday.  I'm currently working on how to fix it now.  How to fix it is a hard question.  I know I have to take care of some financial things, but I'm starting with me, and making myself feel better.  For instance, today, I went to church, got some exercise (took a walk), and took a nap.  I also am focusing on getting more healthy, and I started by purchasing a juicing machine, and I've been making juice and veggie smoothies everyday for the last 4 days.  So, from  head to toe, work on getting yourself together spiritually, mentally, physically.  Put you first as much as possible.  The question, is it me or them, and are you getting taken advantage of...omg, I must have been asking myself these questions for the last few days about a million times.  I'm not sure of the answer yet, but part of it is probably yes, and the reason is that I am too nice.  I've heard it from my mother, a co-worker, and even my daughter.  But being nice to me is just a part of who I am.  So, does that mean to not be nice or to be mean?  No, it means to just not always be the one that everyone counts on all the time, and remembering to put yourself first more.  This is going to be a pivital year for me because I am really going to focus on the me. It's going to be a bit of a struggle, because I am going to have to change a bit and work on not being there for everyone all the time, but I'm making it a point, and I'm making progress...and I like what I see so far!  Remember, take baby steps...unless you do something totally drastic and out of character, things will not change overnight...I had to convince myself of that. 

VonnieLee
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I really liked your reply and thank you .. I will take your advice
Baby steps . Little by little things will come together
nikknat
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yes!  And if you ever want to chat, just holler!  I get busy sometimes, as we all do, but I will answer!  Maybe we can let each other know how we are doing :). 

VonnieLee
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM
That sounds good I just got back on cafe it's been a few months
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Think of what you are not doing that you miss the most in your life - prioritize it and find ways to start including it in your life - without fail! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_plZb_A_girl
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Yes.. I get like this every now and then.. Especially with some wrong choices that I have made
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I like your post you seem nice  ;]

Quoting nikknat:

Yes!  And if you ever want to chat, just holler!  I get busy sometimes, as well all do, but I will answer!  Maybe we can let each other know how we are doing :). 

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Your post hits home and i feel like you :] although im not very nice only once in a while LOL  

sjump25
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Great advice 

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Think if what you are not doing that you miss the most in your life - prioritize it and find ways to start including it in your life - without fail! :)

sweetr0se
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

For me as a christian..I turn to God and trust him...also I keep a journal for my VERY private thoughts and feelings or I talk to friends! Also maybe try different things if you are able to! Like volunteer, go to different places with your kids, and also roll with things that aren't planned out! If you're in a rut, that's how I took your post :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN