Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Need some relationship advice....

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hey ladies....i have a question...how do u deal with differences in your relationship? How do u deal with eachother when you have different thoughts, feelings,ways...without getting in an argument all the time???
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Step back (mentally) and look at the situation, or subject. Will it matter in a week? Will it matter in a month? You also need to think about....are you really having a difference of opinion, or are you just trying to control...being the decision maker.

starlight91
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Sometimes its just better to keep your mouth shut , when you disagree on something that doesnt necessarily have an impact on your daily life.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Sit down and find some middle ground on things that need to be agreed upon and agree to disagree on the things that can work well with you both respecting each others differences.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Pick your battles, live and let live. and keep a sense of humor ......
AuntieL333
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

First off, never loose your sense of humor. It will see you thru more than you might realize. Second, you are no good to anyone if you don't first take care of yourself. If two people are involved there will be differences of opinion somewhere along the line. You need to decide if it is a difference you can put up with or one you can't. How important is it to be right or have your own way? We need differences to guard against boredom and stagnation and we need to learn to compromise. Save your battles for important stuff.

MJP76
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We generally don't have differences.

but when my kids are having differences, I tell them to find a happy medium. To compromise.

sweetr0se
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I do! Although the differences what keep the relationship interesting sometimes! Just keep an open mind about stuff and keep in mind everyone was raised differently!

Quoting calsmom62:

Pick your battles, live and let live. and keep a sense of humor ......

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My husband and I are the opposite and we get along great!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM

That bring to mind a lyric from my favorite artist...

"I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort where we overlap"

Dh and I are VERY different - and thank goodness.  We appreciate our differences and know that we are both better off for them. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM
we are very different. It works for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN