Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Video Games

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you think its okay for young children to play video games? If so what games do you think are appropriate and which ones are not appropriate? 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrtooth1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I do not think it is appropriate for children of any age to play video games.  Mine NEVER did.  We did not have them in the house.  Kids sit on their asses enough.  Get them up and play with them.  Take them to the park.  take them biking, roller skating, playing ball, walking.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
There are very obviously some games that are NOT appropriate.

My kids are not very into video games, but they do play occasionally. The games they have are very innocent and very age appropriate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetr0se
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Yes mine has the WII, Nintendo DS, and the XBox 360! He gets to play them when he behaves and doing well at school! Also he only plays age appropriate games!

jellybeanjean
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Its fine. I played video games since I was in elementary and still did sports and play outside. It just can't be everything that the kid does. And there are tons of age appropriate games for kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with age appropriate video games. We do not have a game console, but the kids like playing on the pc and our phones. I like Disney JR, Nick JR & PBS Kids. There are some apps that I like too.

nmitchell2011
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Would you ladies mind if i use your opinions in a paper I'm writing about this topic?
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Yep in moderation

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM
My son plays video games and he's 5. I see nothing wrong with it as long as its in moderation. He also plays outside a lot. We have a wii U and a play station 3.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I think it's fine as long as it's limited and the games are age appropriate.  I have a friend that let's her 6 year old play Grand Theft Auto and he's been playing it since he was 4.  I would NEVER allow that.  My son is 6 and plays Epic Mickey, Just Dance, Mario Kart, Lego Lord of the Rings and Wii Sports.  Age appropriate and an hour a day limit.  

sjump25
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:58 AM

My kid plays outside, plays soccer and baseball, rides his bike and is very active and he plays video games.  As long as the parent is not allowing them to sit and play for hours there is nothing wrong with them IMO.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

I do not think it is appropriate for children of any age to play video games.  Mine NEVER did.  We did not have them in the house.  Kids sit on their asses enough.  Get them up and play with them.  Take them to the park.  take them biking, roller skating, playing ball, walking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)