Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kid food! help!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 28 Replies
I need new ideas! What was/ is your toddler age kids favorite dinners and snacks?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I'd love some crockpot ideas. Or I just got a griddle also but really any ideas or recipes will help! :-)
Kortlynia
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It would depend on the foods your child likes and dislikes. My kids aren't picky so I was able to just look up fun/easy lunch/dinner ideas and came up with about 30 more ideas.

HanaJoii
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
My son loves pizza, so sometimes I puree veggies and put them in the sauce and Ibalways use tons veggies for toppings.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Shepherds pie, yogurt with apples to dip. Pasta with Alfredo sauce, mashed potatoes(well, they think its mashed potatoes but its half potatoes half cauliflower or other squash, and if they asked about the color is tell them they were special potatoes.). Mac and cheese, rice .pilaf, chicken nuggets we made at home, fresh veggies in a lazy Susan with ranch or applesauce dip.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I have 4 boys and the oldest is 4. Two are picky, two are not. Lol. This is exhausting trying to find foods. Hahaha.

Quoting Kortlynia:

It would depend on the foods your child likes and dislikes. My kids aren't picky so I was able to just look up fun/easy lunch/dinner ideas and came up with about 30 more ideas.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Great ideas!

Quoting calsmom62:

Shepherds pie, yogurt with apples to dip. Pasta with Alfredo sauce, mashed potatoes(well, they think its mashed potatoes but its half potatoes half cauliflower or other squash, and if they asked about the color is tell them they were special potatoes.). Mac and cheese, rice .pilaf, chicken nuggets we made at home, fresh veggies in a lazy Susan with ranch or applesauce dip.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM
What do you usually make. I'm sick if cooking or shopping for that matter
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Sigh...I'm sick of it too. Lol but I still have a while before they can cook for themselves. Some of their favorites are chicken nuggets, pb and j, Mac and cheese, pizza. I need to try that mashed cauliflower!

Quoting calsmom62:

What do you usually make. I'm sick if cooking or shopping for that matter
Ninjakitty604
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My daughter doesnt like complex foods. She doesnt like food with more then two items in the. Like spaghetti with meat and veggies in it. She will eat it if its just noodles and sauce. My daughter also doesnt like cooked veggies, only raw.  What i did to get her eating was letting her help me with cooking. Like washing the veggies. Getting her to hand me the forks. Lil things like that. With some foods like mash potatoe and rice i have to feed it to her. Alot of people hate it that i do this. but its just mash potatoes and rice. I dont mind because the day she could feed herself, she hasnt let me feed her. She is very independent. So if i get to hand feed her for once then im going to enjoy it. Something i get to do awhole lot.

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM
My kids are picky!! Turkey tacos are the only thing they all agree on...Sorry I'm no help..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)