Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Need some opinions, not sure what to do

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 15 Replies

My dh and I have been married for almost 10 years, every summer (except for the last few years) dh's three dd's would come stay with us for most of the summer.  (We live in MN and they live in TN).  Youngest sd is 20 and pregnant.  She text dh today and said she wants him to be there when the baby is born.  His ex said he could stay at their house...  My conundrum is does she only want him to go or is it my dd and myself?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
How about asking them?
GELiz
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not want my husband staying at ther house. You should all go and stay in a hotel, and let Dh go to hospital while you do a family trip to fun things.

villagemamma
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I would assume a family trip would be the best idea (assuming that you are able to afford it) if you cant afford all of you to go i think it is important that he be there for his daughter. depending on the relationship with the ex i wouldnt see that big a deal in him staying there. I know if it was my hubs i would be able to trust him so it wouldnt bother me.

jazzgirl205
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM

If you want to go, have your dh ask.  If not, don't make an issue of it.  The best thing you can do for dh is not to make this about you.  Let sd be the center of positive attention.

sjump25
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.  

Quoting GELiz:

I would not want my husband staying at ther house. You should all go and stay in a hotel, and let Dh go to hospital while you do a family trip to fun things.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Have you asked your dh? That is where I would start...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

This.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

How about asking them?

Corinnesingh
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

This is the best way to go.. And not because ur HSbnd or his ex are not trust worthy... It is just a bad idea , even if it was for you to stay to......

Quoting GELiz:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I would ask

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I agree.

Quoting GELiz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN