Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

what would you do if you so/dh/df let a friend borrow your car

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 23 Replies
Ok so my so thought it was ok to go behind my back and let his friend who I don't trust or like (because he is very irresponsible and not trustworthy and I've only meet him twice) use my car to go pick up some random girl in tj and he ends up getting my car impounded by the border patrol so I decided since my so wasn't answering my phone calls that I was going to report my car stolen and I did well that caused a huge fight and I didn't know they switched cars so I had to tell the cops I found out where my car was and which impound lot my point is that no one is allowed to drive my car because my insurance doesn't cover anyone other then myself and now im making his friend take me to get my car out of the impound and he is paying for it should I have just left the car reported as stolen ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM

You poor thing, my DH has done this. We kept my little car when we got married so he could use it for a run around car to and from work and he gave it to his brother to use for a few weeks. When we got it back, the glovebox compartment was completely pulled out of its position and sitting on the floor. So when DH rang me another time and told (not asked or consulted)  me that his brother was coming to get our good 4x4 family car to borrow for a week I just about flipped out. I took photos at every angle before they got there and veeeery lucky for them we got it back in 1 peice.

JuLiAnSmOm03
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM
I just hope he didn't get a ticket or anything this is my frost car and I don't want my credit ruined because my so is being an idiot and allowing people who he knows are not responsible and that they just use him for everything and now I have to take my 6 month old on a long car drive and my older son might have to miss school just so we can get the car out and that's not fair for my kids :/ I honestly just want to leave the car their but then I'll be stuck with a car payment and no car
offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

How hubby knows how selfish I am, with my stuff.  He knows good and well that I would report my car stolen and press charges. 

My hubby also has enough respect for me, not to do something like that.  He'd never let someine use anything of mine, without talking to me first.  I'd do the same with his stuff.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM

why did border patrol impound your car?

I wouldn't like it, I don't loan my car to anyone my insurance doesn't cover anyone but me to drive it.

Lili-plus-3
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have left the car reported stolen. Not cool to not ask you first, even if he knew the answer would be 'no'.

JuLiAnSmOm03
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Im still trying to figure that one out when we get there im going to ask them because I only have the information that he gave me I had to call the San Diego police to find out the exact location of my car and they just said it was a private property and someone called the police to tow the car but it doesn't make sense to how they have my key

Quoting hayliedlr:

why did border patrol impound your car?

I wouldn't like it, I don't loan my car to anyone my insurance doesn't cover anyone but me to drive it.

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

SOUNDS LIKE ITS TIME FOR A NEW MAN !!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM

that wouldn't happen.  Our insurance covers only my husband to drive our van, so there would be no way he would just loan it out.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM
My husband has done this but it was a mutual friend who I trust. In your case, I would be beyond pissed!
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My husband knows that something like that would not fly with me! I'd be livid! Sorry you've got to go through all this junk to get your car back. I think I would have done the same as you. No reason to say it's stolen if it wasn't...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN