Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our 10 year old daughter came to me yesterday and said...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Mommy, I think I started my period at school today."

Aww, Kiara...yay!  Now our oldest daughter who is 13 and our youngest daughter have both started their periods.  our 12 and 11 year olds haven't yet, but now our 11 year old wants to carry around a pad JIC *just in case* she starts.

I gave her instructions on how to put a pad in, and to change it whenever she goes to the bathroom, and to not leave the remnants in the bathroom or her dad will get grossed out *lol*...which he has in the past. ;)

Kayla also told her that she started when she was 10 too, so i am sure that made her feel better. :)

She's definitely growing up!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
sjump25
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Awww :)

Beenhereforever
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I was 8. It was horrible. My dd is 10 and hasn't started yet...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Omg 10. Girls are starting so early nowadays
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM

aww. My oldest started when she was 10 too she is 13 now.  My 11 year old hasn't started yet.

MySweetChild
by Sarah on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Aww, how sad. My DD is 10 also & I am just saying this day will break my heart. I do not want my baby to grow up!!! :(
We have not even had the talk...I need to get on the ball & have it with her because I know these girls are starting earlier & earlier!
Millertime77
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM

WOW!! Ten years young and having a period?  OMG! that is way too young! I was almost SIXTEEN when I started mine.  I cannot imagine.  Kids nowadays are growing up way too fast! So very glad that I had a son--so we won't have to deal with this.  ARGH!!

regian19832002
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

dancing

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM
thanks! She did have it rough for a couple days with crazy mood swings, but she sailed through it pretty well.

Quoting AlyssaN:

Aww. Congrats on her road to womanhood. And hope she has easy ones with not a lot of hormonal/mood fluctuations lol.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
ha! yep, it does suck. Good luck to you and the talks you will be having sooner than later. They are doozies!

Quoting bigmama423:

Poor child!! I think it sucks being a female!! ;)

I'm not ready for any of my little ones to grow up. I'm not ready for any of these "talks" either!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Thank you! Yep, I gave her my sympathies too :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Aww.  Congrats to her as well as my sympathies.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)