Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Our 10 year old daughter came to me yesterday and said...

Posted by   + Show Post

"Mommy, I think I started my period at school today."

Aww, Kiara...yay!  Now our oldest daughter who is 13 and our youngest daughter have both started their periods.  our 12 and 11 year olds haven't yet, but now our 11 year old wants to carry around a pad JIC *just in case* she starts.

I gave her instructions on how to put a pad in, and to change it whenever she goes to the bathroom, and to not leave the remnants in the bathroom or her dad will get grossed out *lol*...which he has in the past. ;)

Kayla also told her that she started when she was 10 too, so i am sure that made her feel better. :)

She's definitely growing up!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM
so true!

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Omg 10. Girls are starting so early nowadays
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM
same as our KK. Madi and Angel at 12 and 11 haven't started yet. Angel wants to and I say "Why?". She just wants to be like Kayla and now Kiara.

Quoting hayliedlr:

aww. My oldest started when she was 10 too she is 13 now.  My 11 year old hasn't started yet.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM
It is sad. Good luck to you when you have the talk. My younger daughters heard it several times, so they got the point when Kayla and Madison got it :)

Quoting MySweetChild:

Aww, how sad. My DD is 10 also & I am just saying this day will break my heart. I do not want my baby to grow up!!! :(

We have not even had the talk...I need to get on the ball & have it with her because I know these girls are starting earlier & earlier!
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM

My 11 year old is dreading it.  My friends dd found out when my 13 yro started and she is older and was jealous.  I don't get that lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

same as our KK. Madi and Angel at 12 and 11 haven't started yet. Angel wants to and I say "Why?". She just wants to be like Kayla and now Kiara.

Quoting hayliedlr:

aww. My oldest started when she was 10 too she is 13 now.  My 11 year old hasn't started yet.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
It is young, and girls are having them younger and younger. I was close to my 13th birthday when I first had mine.

Quoting Millertime77:

WOW!! Ten years young and having a period?  OMG! that is way too young! I was almost SIXTEEN when I started mine.  I cannot imagine.  Kids nowadays are growing up way too fast! So very glad that I had a son--so we won't have to deal with this.  ARGH!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
:)

Quoting regian19832002:

dancing

godsgirl26
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Gah it's like you were reading my mind or something. I was thinking this very same thing lol.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Lol I agree. Never understood why women congratulate each other. Yes your a woman and can have kids now but you will suffer for YEARS! Lol

Quoting bigmama423:

Poor child!! I think it sucks being a female!! ;)

I'm not ready for any of my little ones to grow up. I'm not ready for any of these "talks" either!!

Donnah118
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Congratulations!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM
It does suck being a female, lol.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting bigmama423:

Poor child!! I think it sucks being a female!! ;)

I'm not ready for any of my little ones to grow up. I'm not ready for any of these "talks" either!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Madi is dreading it too. I don't get the jealousy either, lol.

Quoting hayliedlr:

My 11 year old is dreading it.  My friends dd found out when my 13 yro started and she is older and was jealous.  I don't get that lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Quoting hayliedlr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)