Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Paranormal...

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone else experienced something truly paranormal? I have had MANY experiences since I was a child.  I think it's more interesting than scary. Sometimes I wasn't sure whether it was paranormal or occuring in the spiritual realm...if that makes sense. Those who've had them, will hopefully know what I mean. 

Share your stories with me! Maybe there's a group for weirdos like me. lol

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I have had experiences since I was little. I could be here all night talking about it...lol.

sjump25
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I've never had any experience, but I totally believe in paranormal activity.

cbk_mom3
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM

The two that come immediately to mind are: My mother in law came to me the night she died. She and I had a tumultous at best relationship, but we made peace when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We visited her, and even though she was in a coma, I told her I'd always take care of her son and grandson. She worked in a very upscale women's store (very old money type). Always dressed to the nines, and wore Chanel No. 5 perfume, an unmistakable fragrance. The night she passed away, we got home, and went to bed, and by my side of the bed, I could smell her perfume, very distincly. It was also cold where the smell was. I have no doubt she came to remind me of my promise to her.

The other one occured after my daughter's best friend passed away suddenly. About 3 months after she died, my daughter got a new phone, with a new phone number. She was awakened one morning by her phone, and the number was the area code of the town this girl lived in. My daughter said she couldn't really hear the other person talking, it sounded like they were talking into a tunnel. She hung up, and called it right back, and the operator came on and said it was not an operational number. To this day, she will swear her friend was trying to contact her.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have had a few experiences, I'll come back later to post though

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Yes.  I lived in a house that had ghosts when I was a kid.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I've had one main encounter with the paranormal, but I'll share two of my stories.

The main one:
I was living with a roommate when I was 18. The year before, my mom and grandma both passed away. I was sitting on my bed, which was next to a vent that lead to the basement. I was on the phone with a friend and I heard someone whisper my name. I obviously thought it was him (I was alone in the house) so I said "What?" and he said "I didn't say anything." I said "Yes you did, you whispered my name." and he insisted that he didn't.
After we hung up, I was going to the bathroom (there's a vent in there as well) and heard my name again. I freaked out, finished peeing, and went to my friend's house. I moved out a week later.

Second story:
I was out driving with my friends, also when I was 18, at around 2-3am. We drove past a cemetery and there was a school bus parked on the side street next to it. I figured the person across the street probably drives a school bus, but then when we were driving past right next to it, we all saw a child's face pop up in the middle window and it looked like it was screaming. I sped up and got as far away from there as I could. Later, they wanted to go back and I started crying because I was so scared and I made my friend drive and I sat in the backseat. When we went back, we stopped in front of the bus, and the bus doors FLEW OPEN. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LawMom8308
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Oh this is fun. I like reading all these!!!!!!!!!! Keep posting stories!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Not so much, no.  I do know that my Granddaddy is mine and my kids' Guardian Angel.  I can't tell you how I know this, but there are little things that come up at certain times that are so much like my Granddaddy that I just know.

hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM
There is.... The Haunted Realm
Check them out
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I've only had a few experiences, though I'd love to have more.
I think paranormal stuff, spirits and all that stuff is cool! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN