Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I love thunderstorms but....

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
I don't love what we are in a watch for. We are expected to get a major thunderstorm which should start around 2 and the wind is picking up and we are in for a tornado watch. I know we won't get one because MI doesn't get those here. Well when I was 5 we did get one but none since then that I know of. Well anyway I would love to get pics of lightning. It was storming last night and I slept with the window open and slept sooooo goood last night. Anyways, how is your day going?
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Our weather is the exact same here in MO.  I didn't want to send my son to school because he had to sit in the bathroom for a tornado warning one time and it freaked him out.  I'm afraid he will have to do it again today.  It's gonna get bad later :/

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
stay safe out there. hope your son doesn't get too freaked out.
Quoting sjump25:

Our weather is the exact same here in MO.  I didn't want to send my son to school because he had to sit in the bathroom for a tornado warning one time and it freaked him out.  I'm afraid he will have to do it again today.  It's gonna get bad later :/

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I sleep good when it's storming too, unless the thunder is too close/loud.  I love the sound of the rain though.

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I loved the storm last night :) where in michigan are you. Im not to far from detroit and we had a tornado just a few years ago not far from where I live now caused some damage but it was mostly a fielded area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM
oh, I guess I didn't hear about that one. I am in the capitol
Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I loved the storm last night :) where in michigan are you. Im not to far from detroit and we had a tornado just a few years ago not far from where I live now caused some damage but it was mostly a fielded area
Angelanscalf89
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Yeah thats a few hours away where I live theres alot of fields and stuff like that so occassionally we get a tornado they rarely ever touch down though but I can remember atleast 2 in the last 10 years only the one actually touched down though there may have been more. Maybe you just didnt hear about it because there wasnt alot of damage it may have only made local news. Idk its kind of cool to see though but scary at the same time. We might move to tennessee in a few years and they get alot of tornados kind of scary considering they dont have basements for the most part around there.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2wife1
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We had a bunch of tornados here last night. We were in tornado watch, warning , thunderstorm warning, and  flood watch all day and night. It was really nerve racking. We are still under watches today. We live in Owasso, OK.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
scary. I used to live in Ok city and I was only there for 6 mths and they had a tornado once while I was there (well a few of them right on top of each other) luckily it didn't hit my area, a few blocks away. I felt bad for the people losing their homes
Quoting Mom2wife1:

We had a bunch of tornados here last night. We were in tornado watch, warning , thunderstorm warning, and  flood watch all day and night. It was really nerve racking. We are still under watches today. We live in Owasso, OK.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM
yeah I usually don't watch the news so that might be why if they even broadcasted it in my area. I would not want to move where they are a for sure thing though. I did live in OK City though and that was not fun.
Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Yeah thats a few hours away where I live theres alot of fields and stuff like that so occassionally we get a tornado they rarely ever touch down though but I can remember atleast 2 in the last 10 years only the one actually touched down though there may have been more. Maybe you just didnt hear about it because there wasnt alot of damage it may have only made local news. Idk its kind of cool to see though but scary at the same time. We might move to tennessee in a few years and they get alot of tornados kind of scary considering they dont have basements for the most part around there.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Yeah moving somewhere where there are tornados alot scares me to death.

Quoting hayliedlr:

yeah I usually don't watch the news so that might be why if they even broadcasted it in my area. I would not want to move where they are a for sure thing though. I did live in OK City though and that was not fun.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)