Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

12 WEEK 5 DAY U/S TOLD IT WAS A BOY, WANTING OTHERS OPIONIONS

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 37 Replies

So I am asking this for others advice. I went for my 12 week 5 day appointment on the 17th and my tech and I were talking about the possibility of finding out the sex, well towards the end she asked if we wanted to know and my husband and I figured it would be interesting because I didnt think you could tell this soon. So we agreed and she put it back on my stomach and this is what popped up, I quickly said its a boy and that is def what I see. But was wondering for those who look at this pic would you agree it is in fact a boy or possibility it can still be a girl?? We already talked about how she wasnt 100% sure and not to buy anything just yet till my 20 week u/s but how many others would agree this indeed looks like a boy? Thanks in advance for the answers :) Also ignore the 13 weeks 5 days that was before they figured out i was a week later

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
villagemamma
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That does seem really early. i got an ultra sound done at 12 weeks and they werent able to tell then. most women find out between 16 and 20 weeks.

I googled the possibility of accuracy and apparently it is possible but it is not nearly as accurate as it would be at a later date. So yup very possible. And i cant help but be jealous :P i am dieing to know the gender

miranda91
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Looking at the pic what would you think? And ya thats exactly how i figured out it was possible she called it an educated guess but said not to take it as 100% till im further, i was amaized actually lol

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Isn't that a little early to tell, I was told that they can not tell until around 20 weeks.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting miranda91:

Looking at the pic what would you think? And ya thats exactly how i figured out it was possible she called it an educated guess but said not to take it as 100% till im further, i was amaized actually lol

I would say it is 100% but it sure is a cool pic.

miranda91
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM

they cant tell for sure until 20 weeks which then they will tell me again for sure but i guess boys are easier to tell earlier then what a girl is. and so she gave me her guess because he/she was sitting in a position that they could see. but of course she told me not to go out buying boy stuff until im further and they can confirm it. This was just for fun because i started the conversation with her about it lol

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Isn't that a little early to tell, I was told that they can not tell until around 20 weeks.

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Based on the pic, that looks like a weenie to me...that does seem way to early to tell though..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jubileee
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I found out at 15 weeks with my ds so it is possible
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

great shot, looks like a boy but who knows.  congrat btw

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM

seems a bit early, I'd get excited but not so excited I started buying blue yet. LOL.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Kinda looks like a boy but I wouldn't start shopping just yet. It could be the umbilical cord in between the legs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN