Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last Night I Watched Hoarders and then I....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this

Started my Spring Cleaning in my house.  LOL oh boy those houses are a mess and not just a mess but disgusting.  I feel so bad for those people. 

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

They have deep emotional issues.  

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

yeah they are and more times then not, they were faced with tragedy that started it all.  A death in the family, divorce etc.. it's sad

Quoting Thelmama:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yes, my mother, age 73 tends to hoard, not to the extent shown on the show but to some extent. She lives with my sister and I think that helps the problem. There is a lady down the street I think is a hoarder.  Her garage windows are stacked to the rafters, and I have been on her porch at her front door but not inside and it looked like a bit of an organized hoarder if that makes sense.

Quoting hayliedlr:

yeah they are and more times then not, they were faced with tragedy that started it all.  A death in the family, divorce etc.. it's sad

Quoting Thelmama:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM

One time I was looking for a house to meet a daycare and went to the wrong house and they opened the door and I looked inside and they had things stacked to the ceiling with stuff and pathways throughout. I didn't want to seem shocked and I acted like I didn't notice.  My mom will hoard magazines lol.  she would just have boxes of magazines but again not to the extreme though.

Quoting Thelmama:

Yes, my mother, age 73 tends to hoard, not to the extent shown on the show but to some extent. She lives with my sister and I think that helps the problem. There is a lady down the street I think is a hoarder.  Her garage windows are stacked to the rafters, and I have been on her porch at her front door but not inside and it looked like a bit of an organized hoarder if that makes sense.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Thelmama:

sjump25
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
It's very sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I'm afraid I'm a hoarder in the making! I've never actually seen the show though. I have a hard time throwing stuff away..
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I'm afraid I'm a hoarder in the making! I've never actually seen the show though. I have a hard time throwing stuff away..
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL - I was just commenting in another group that if I don't clean my house soon it's going to start looking like an episode of Hoarders... 

I really need to get on it and get things put away and get the laundry done.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Yeah I kept my face straight.  I was thinking sweet lady if you fall in there, they will not find you...She is the sweetest little old lady down the street.  Stops by sometimes and gives my kids bubbles or a box of fruit loops simply cause she has no grandkids. She is a doll.

Quoting hayliedlr:

One time I was looking for a house to meet a daycare and went to the wrong house and they opened the door and I looked inside and they had things stacked to the ceiling with stuff and pathways throughout. I didn't want to seem shocked and I acted like I didn't notice.  My mom will hoard magazines lol.  she would just have boxes of magazines but again not to the extreme though.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Thelmama:

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM

That show makes me feel not so bad about my mess,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)