Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s your favorite piece of advice your mom gave you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

What’s your favorite piece of advice your mom gave you?

bouncing mom

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM

We loved your advice! This Mother's Day P&G is honoring moms by creating posters of their mom's wisdom.

Check out your poster here: Thank you, Mom by P&G

Quoting imentall:

"Let ur yes mean yes and ur no mean no. Don't say it if u don't mean it"

RIP MY AWESOME MAMA I LUV U AND MISS U

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

We loved your advice! This Mother's Day P&G is honoring moms by creating posters of their mom's wisdom.

Quoting chimis:

She always told me that it's important to be beautiful on the inside and not just worry about the outside.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaMandee:

Life is a stage, act like all is watching!

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Pretty is as pretty does. If I ever complimented myself on a dress or hair, this phrase kept me grounded and kicked any vanity I might have developed right out of me.
That frequent utterance of that phrase, kept me meek, humble and helped me learn ( and am now teaching) that beauty comes from within not from hair products and clothes.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Quoting sjump25:

Don't let others determine your worth

JCPenny
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My mom was always giving good advice.

1) Never say "no" to being with your husband, that way he'll never have to look elsewhere.

2) Never sacrifice what you want most for what you can get now.

3) The ones that will tell you the truth, even if it hurts, are the best friends you will ever have.

4) They don't have to be blood to be family.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM

This is a fantastic piece of advice. Thanks to your mom for giving  such wonderful advice. 

Quoting coronado25:

Me calling home from 2000 miles away "Mom, thank you so much for the pretty tops! I love them but they are too tight and I will have to exchange them." Mom~"Why are they too tight? Are you pregnant again? I saw you just 2 years ago. I bought the same size and same brand." Me~"But Ma I am a married woman, working part time with no family for thousands of miles and I have two young kids! Its alot! I think I can let myself go a little. I am over thirty now!" Mom~ "And you think letting yourself go and gaining weight is going to make your life EASIER? Never let yourself go! You are the most important person your husband and children have. It is your duty, sweetie, to keep yourself in shape for the sake of everything and everyone you love. Your excuses for not doing so will never make you happy and your future you will be unhappy in her own skin." Great advice! My mother wasnt vocal with advice alot, so I took it to heart.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM

My mom: If you have nothing nice to say keep your trap shut. First impressions are not the whole picture . Look a little closer. And lastly treat your hubby like the king he is and in return if he is worthy of you will treat you like the Qween you are.

My step-mom - if you don't respect yourself no one else will. Rich does not equal happy . She also taught me how to walk talk and act like a lady. 

My paternal Grandma: Kids and family will make your wealthy , not money value them above everything. 

grandmotherof6
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

You make your bed hard then you have to lay in it!!!

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM
That everyone who smiles in your face aint your friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)