Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

37 weeks and no movement from baby

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 16 Replies

Oh gosh, not this again. I was just in labor and delivery because Zander wasn't moving around as much. That was Friday night. But of course right when we got to the hosiptal he started moving so much, he was setting the monitors off. I've been having alot of contractions since then but now today I haven't felt him at all. Then my mother was like let me talk to him.. He has not even not moved when she talks to him. But he didn't even move then. I then tried to hook him up to this heartbeat monitor but I couldn't really hear anything. I think the monitor was broken though because i never really hear anything. I don't have a car until tonight but I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I hate stressing out.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof4sweetgirl
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Go to the Dr. It's better to be safe than sorry.

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Drink cold OJ, lay on your left side...
You could even make another trip to the ER better safe than sorry.
As they get bigger they have less room too..Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I agree, go to the doctor.  Call a cab if you have to.

lkane81
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Drink something cold it could help wake him up if he us sleeping.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM
All of this.

Quoting bigmama423:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Drink some Orang juice or eat chocolate. But if you are concerned get someone to take you.  Never feel silly for getting things checked out.    I Hope and pray all is well.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine were taking marathon naps toward the end of the last month. Used to scare me silly ..drink oj, walk then sit with your feet up unless you go to the Dr or Er...

Quoting Kris_PBG:

All of this.

Quoting bigmama423:

lovelychaos13
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM

this but as other say its better safe than sorry, get a cab, call someone get to the hospital to be checked out. if they cant find the heart beat with their monitor have them check with a quick ultrasound to see the baby move and the heart move.

i dont want to scre you as our case was different our baby had   a rare birth defect, we had planned a home birth, dr refused to even see us because we also had a midwife. so at 38 weeks  there was no heart beat anymore. there was no way our midwife could have known of this birth defect. we had to go into the city far away  as  all towns with hospitals  up to even 300 miles from us refused to help us or induce for the still birth. emma moved less and less the last few weeks, but she had always been active at night. the drs and midwife said  she may have passed a week prior to the ultrasond we did at 38 weeks. it was the last time we heard the heartbeat then, they said  we probly felt what they call phantom movements they cant really explain why  or how it happens but that it does. dh  and i both felt movent even the morning  before we had the untrasound the afternoon. 

im praying everything is okay with you and your baby. i persoanlly  am still barely functioning as it is despite it being almost 7 months since, i still have alot of pain and fear when it comes to pregnancy with others  and angry about how this is genetic from dh, so it will be harder for us to have kids

Quoting Kris_PBG:

All of this.

Quoting bigmama423:

Ilovemybbgrl
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I would try not to stress too much. Drink some cold oj lay on your left side and do some kick counts. Your baby is probably napping it up gettin ready to meet mommy & daddy! If you dont feel movement after that get your butt to l&d even if by ambulence! 37 weeks... not too far away!!
LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

The baby is getting bigger and it's harder to move in your belly. Try drinking something cold, play music and get up and dance. The baby may start to dance too. Good luck momma : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)