Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you have a son, how did you make the decision to...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Amy
  • 38 Replies

Just curious, how did you decide whether or not to circumcise your son?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Both of my sons are cut.  I wanted them to look like their dads.  However when my youngest was circ'd, my ex went to see how it was done and he said never ever again would he subject a child of his to something like that, it was awful and he felt like he wanted to punch the doctor.

Sunshine257
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband isn't. Even if my husband was I think I would have made the same choice. I think it is more cosmetic. I don't push my choice on others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM

yes i got my son cir for health risk to be more cleaner down there 

aimesnyc
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM

It wasn't a difficult decision for me.  It's not medically necessary, I didn't want my newborn son to go through that kind of pain for something that wasn't necessary, and it's his penis.  If he wants it cut down the road, that is up to him.

Just wanted to add that my mom has a vagina, but does not make the decisions regarding my vagina.  And that my husband doesn't make all the decisions regarding my son and his penis, simply because he also has one. 

sjump25
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

My husband is and he wanted our son to be.  

Nickels224
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I let DH make the choice.

jjchick75
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I let my husband make the choice. He wasn't done as a baby, had to be done at 19, and didn't want his kids going through that. I really had no strong opinion either way. I would have been fine leaving them intact and I would have been fine not. It was important to him that it be done, so we did it and have no regrets. 

littlecheifsmom
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Not a hard choice. It's not my penis, its not needed & there's no way I want to put my boys through that pain. My second is a cardiac bby and even if we wanted to it was against drs. Advice.
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I asked my Mom what she did with her 3 sons. Dad didn't want it on the 2 older, Mom had it done on the younger. I asked my husband, who wasn't circ'd. He wanted our son circ'd. So we did.

Liebschin
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Jewish so there's was no real discussion about it.  My husband was fully supportive though he isn't (he isn't Jewish either, though we're raising the kids Jewish and he celebrates and practices with us) and there was no doubt in either of our minds on the issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)