Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Should I be worried?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was sitting down with my son while he drank water (he'd roll over if I wasn't there) and I noticed this bump on his tummy/chest area and felt it. I'm pretty sure it's not part of his ribs but I don't know what it is. I can feel his heartbeat pretty well in that spot as well. He's almost 7 months old. It doesn't seem to hurt him any when I touch it.

Should I take him to get checked or am I just paranoid?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jomami
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM

It's hard to say without seeing it.  You should take him to the doc if you're worried.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I tried to get a picture but it's not that big. I can just feel it. It seems like it's more on the inside then anything but it does stick out a little bit.

Quoting jomami:

It's hard to say without seeing it.  You should take him to the doc if you're worried.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM
A doctor's visit is always good if you aren't sure.
Olivespencefia9
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Id take him mainly because u are unsure and the fact hes only 7 months... could be nothing could be serious
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Is it in the middle of his ribs right under where they separate? My daughter had a bump there and she grew out of it. I asked the doctor and she told me that as long as she was gaining enough weight being a bit bony was fine. She was a bit younger than seven months, I think it was her six month check up. I would ask the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esengbusch
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I would definetely go get it checked out just to be safe.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I would take him in just to be safe

treystiredmommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

it sounds like a hernia.definitely not something you need to rush to the er about but an appt with the doc wouldnt be a bad idea.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Yeah right in the middle where the ribs seperate. I had my boyfriend look at it and he says it's just his chest plate since he has one as well but I'm not entirely sure. I'm keeping an eye on it though.

Quoting polkaspots:

Is it in the middle of his ribs right under where they separate? My daughter had a bump there and she grew out of it. I asked the doctor and she told me that as long as she was gaining enough weight being a bit bony was fine. She was a bit younger than seven months, I think it was her six month check up. I would ask the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN