Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What is so special about this song?!?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 124 Replies
The song I'm referring to is that "Thrift Shop" song. I just don't get it. EVERYONE around here is singing it. Employees at businesses are humming it, high school, middle school and elementary kids as young as Kindergarten are singing it...and I'm not talking about the censored version either. Is there a censored version?!? If there is, I haven't heard it! It's all over the radio, and commercials on TV for new shows and movies *at least one of each* have it playing in the background...

When I heard it for the first week I thought that this song is as catchy as "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice was back in the 90s, but now it's gotten ridiculous and out of hand, lol.

Crazy!

OK, rant over :)
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM

LOL.  Me and my kids love it.  The edited version that is.  My 2 year old walks around singing it and when it comes on they both yell "TURN IT UP!" lol.  It's just a fun catchy song.  We've never even heard the unedited version.

GLO682
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM

most corny songs are catchy. i hate that song, my kids like it.

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I can't tell you.  I don't listen to radio stations that even play rap.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
So there IS an edited version? It seems like they play the unedited version on the radio around here. The one they play definitely has some choice words in it :/

Quoting sjump25:

LOL.  Me and my kids love it.  The edited version that is.  My 2 year old walks around singing it and when it comes on they both yell "TURN IT UP!" lol.  It's just a fun catchy song.  We've never even heard the unedited version.

justinnaimee
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I just don't get it. I mean...it sounds to me like they are trying to steal stuff from a thrift shop. "Popping tags" and all that. :/

Quoting GLO682:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM
We don't listen to rap stations either. This song is on the pop and rock stations here.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I can't tell you.  I don't listen to radio stations that even play rap.

GLO682
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

don't think its about stealing , its about them shopping at a thrift shop rather than spending lots of money on clothing. still corny lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I just don't get it. I mean...it sounds to me like they are trying to steal stuff from a thrift shop. "Popping tags" and all that. :/

Quoting GLO682:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Ahh, consider yourself lucky then! Maybe one of the moms that's not mobile can post the YouTube video. If there's a clean version on YouTube that is.

Quoting justinnaimee:

I haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about.
kLynch315
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Popping tags means buying stuff. ;) It is annoying but it is catchy too. It may be annoying, but for once it's nice to hear someone sing about thrift and not how much money they waste. lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Quoting GLO682:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN