Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What is so special about this song?!?

Posted by   + Show Post
The song I'm referring to is that "Thrift Shop" song. I just don't get it. EVERYONE around here is singing it. Employees at businesses are humming it, high school, middle school and elementary kids as young as Kindergarten are singing it...and I'm not talking about the censored version either. Is there a censored version?!? If there is, I haven't heard it! It's all over the radio, and commercials on TV for new shows and movies *at least one of each* have it playing in the background...

When I heard it for the first week I thought that this song is as catchy as "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice was back in the 90s, but now it's gotten ridiculous and out of hand, lol.

Crazy!

OK, rant over :)
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Replies (121-124):
gaarasgirl
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I dont have any kids yet... 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Ah! That makes a difference then. You don't have to worry about your kids singing the unedited version :)

Are you going to censor your kids' songs when you have them or will they be able to listen to everything you listen to?

Quoting gaarasgirl:

I dont have any kids yet... 

LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I live out in BFE, so I never heard this song until I just you tubed it. Thank you for making my day. As mom's we all know that we have to be frugal with our money. I go yard salein' and to second stores all the time. I love to get a bargain.

gaarasgirl
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I will definitly censor some things, but not to the extent my parents went to.. because no matter what what you do they r still gonna listen to it.. i just dont want to be too controlling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN